Ender's Saturday (medium length... linky to pictures)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ender's Saturday (medium length... linky to pictures)

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultEnder's Saturday (medium length... linky to pictures)

Well... 3 days post op and on pain meds... Ender had quite the Saturday!

First off... a trip to the "haves" dog park to tire him out. (we made it short but he ran like the wind anyways )

Then... 45 minutes in the car to visit Eric's family for Karina's birthday (Eric's littlest sis). Upon our arrival we were informed by Eric's mom that Ender was not to enter the house at all : And... since their yard isn't fenced in we pretty much spent every moment outside with him one at a time... and usually both of us. I couldn't believe she couldn't tell us that before we left Milwaukee.. she knew we were bringing him and has allowed him in the house before. (BTW... he's allways been on his best behavior when he's been over there even with little babies poking at him and food everywhere... she just complained that he shed in her house) Just really came out of left field and we weren't expecting it. (It was most upsetting to Eric who really does view Ender as his "child" or as close to a child as he/we are ever going to get)

Anyways... here are the linky to the pictures. Because we were regulated to being outdoors the entire time Ender got no rest... he was either retrieving his bumper or chasing one of the cousins playing with the soccer ball. (lots of pictures of the cousin... planning on sending that link to his momma )

http://web.mac.com/milbran220/iWeb/E...20Oct%207.html
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Ender's Saturday (medium length... linky to pictures)

Oh man...I cannot believe she wouldn't let you inside!!!!!! wtheck? I don't blame Eric for being hurt. That's his baby. And like you said, if you guys had known then you could have left him at home or not gone. :

Quote Originally Posted by WeHeartLabs
    Oh man...I cannot believe she wouldn't let you inside!!!!!! wtheck? I don't blame Eric for being hurt. That's his baby. And like you said, if you guys had known then you could have left him at home or not gone. :
    Eric said "well mom... what about thanksgiving and christmas?" and mom said "well if you leave him for 8 hrs per day in a crate why can't you leave him home in the crate on christmas?"

I wanted to scream "THAT IS PRECISELY WHY WE WON'T LEAVE HIM ALONE ON CHRISTMAS!!!" :

This woman has a huge house.. including rooms that are NEVER USED. She has a sun porch with tile flooring that I would be perfectly fine with Ender being regulated to that one room and heck I'll even sweep it right before we leave! If she thinks we are going to leave Ender in a crate on Christmas (which is a holiday I hate celebrating in the first place... it's nothing but a huge stress headache) or tie him to a tree in their backyard...she's flipping out of her mind.
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

What great pics of Ender...he's gotten so big.....The backyard looks great...too bad no fence......can't believe he can't go inside....i'm sure he is so well behaved....Some people.....

No way...if he can't come on Christmas and she can't make some reasonable accommodation, like you said, the sun porch, then I would refuse to go. It's Christmas! And he IS your baby, like it or not. she needs to compromise a bit here.

Quote Originally Posted by WeHeartLabs
    No way...if he can't come on Christmas and she can't make some reasonable accommodation, like you said, the sun porch, then I would refuse to go. It's Christmas! And he IS your baby, like it or not. she needs to compromise a bit here.
    She has a choice... she can either compromise or she can forgo seeing her son. (Eric's idea.... not my prodding)

Yeah their yard is huge and they don't use it... along with half their house. :
    ~Lindsay

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Ender looks really good. Nice and healthy and lean.* ;D

I enjoyed looking at your other pictures, too. I didn't know you fed raw. How does Ender like it?

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Ender looks sooo good! Love the "long tongue"!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    I enjoyed looking at your other pictures, too. I didn't know you fed raw. How does Ender like it?
    I haven't really advertised my feeding him RAW on this forum cause I was experimenting in the beginning. I go soooo sick and tired of the food/loose stool rollercoaster... I decided to try RAW. Within 24 hrs Ender's stool was perfect and he had an extra spring in his steap. So far we couldn't be more pleased with our RAW results. We feed 1/2 prepackaged and 1/2 "real" raw.

Basically I've decided that maybe he just can't tolerate the extras in kibble... or maybe it was all a coincidence.

Thanks for the health/lean comment... he gained some weight on the RAW and I'm still trying to discern how much strikes the right balance.
    ~Lindsay

What do you feed him "Raw" .....if you don't want to say on here if you would PM me...I would love to hear..our 2.5 year old has been quite sluggish and maybe we could mix some raw with her new food. Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast