I'm going to kill her!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to kill her!!!!

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm going to kill her!!!!

...unless SU beats me to it.

Since Essy can't be trusted in the house alone while we are gone, I keep the dogs confined in the laundry room so they have access to the backyard but they can come inside in the A/C.* This has worked out well thru the summer although Murray has been a bit miffed that he doesn't get to snooze in his fluffy bed and watch TV all day.* * Now Essy has suddenly decided to eat the throw rug in the laundry room last week. (She didn't really eat it, just shredded it) I bought a new one this weekend and she has started eating/shredding this one too.* *Now I'm not happy about it but I can live with it.*

Last night we went out for a quick dinner because my daughter had agility class and I didn't have time to cook before it.* I put the dogs in the laundry room and we were gone less than 1 hr (remember, they have access to the outside whenever they want).* We got home and discovered that Essy had eaten a hole in the sheetrock.* > SU is POd to say the least and told me he wants Essy outside permanently.

I could ban Essy to outside but Murray doesn't deserve to be thrown out for Essy's indiscretions.* Also remember the last time I tried to keep Murray outside he destroyed the doggy door and his nose. Murray must have access to the yard because he is on Pred and has to potty a lot...A LOT!* If Murray has acccess to the yard, that means Essy has access to the house.* There is no way to keep her out of the house and still allow Murray access to the yard.*

Today Essy has been relegated to a bare wire crate (she ate her soft crate the one time I tried to crate her in it way back when).* ** I put her in and she looked at me with those sad brown eyes.* I felt horrible but I swear Murray was doing cartwheels and laughing once he realized this meant he got to sleep in his bed and watch tv.* :

On a more positive note, it's been 3 weeks since Danie (Nellie's Mom) suggested feeding Essy in the rooms Essy has decided to use as her own personal toilet.* We've had wonderful success with this.* Thank you, thank you, thank you Danie.

Essy will be 2 in a little over 2 weeks.* I had really hoped she would have outgrown all this stuff by now...the BRAT.* :-\* Please give me strength to make it thru this.

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ChanceAndCo is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm going to kill her!!!!

I'm sorry for all your frustrations... but this just reminds me of something I heard somewhere else - then it occured to me it was in a book.
    Have you read "Marley and Me"?

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceAndCo

Have you read* "Marley and Me"?*
    Yes I have. I'm beginning to think that Essy has too.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HaleyJo03 is offline Senior Member

OOOOO Essy you naughty girl! You better quit stressing your mom out like that! The crate sounds like the only solution. I know you feel bad but it's all you can do for now.
    &quot;In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.&quot;

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Lydia - don't have any clue about the costs but perhaps a new doggie door is in order - they have one with a magnetic collar lock - so Murray could come and go but Essy would not have that collar on and would (probably) be relegated to the outside - in theory! Good luck!

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

ESSIE!!!! Sheetrock is not good for dogs, doncha know????

Frances

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoatDog
    Lydia - don't have any clue about the costs but perhaps a new doggie door is in order - they have one with a magnetic collar lock - so Murray could come and go but Essy would not have that collar on and would (probably) be relegated to the outside - in theory! Good luck!
    WOW... that is pretty cool. Wonder how expensive that is?
    ~Lindsay

imported_kelli is offline Senior Member

are you prepared to have essy destroy your backyard if she's left out there alone?
    &quot;I&#39;m glad I&#39;m back too, Kel. You know your so special to me. Could not imagine my life without you in it. &quot; - Ma<br /><br />They were your words, Ma.. I wish they had been mine. I miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatDog
    Lydia - don't have any clue about the costs but perhaps a new doggie door is in order - they have one with a magnetic collar lock - so Murray could come and go but Essy would not have that collar on and would (probably) be relegated to the outside - in theory!* Good luck!
    Yes in theory that would work and I actually considered it (they aren't that much more expensive). However, we are dealing with the Einstein's of dogs (Murray).* He is the one who figured out how to open the doggy door and let them both inside in the first place.* He would actually hold the door open for Essy so she could get in because if he went thru first, the door would slide down behind him and he couldn't open it from the inside and she couldn't open it herself from the outside.* :* I found a better way to lock the door so he destroyed it just to prove that I couldn't keep him out...I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kelli
    are you prepared to have essy destroy your backyard if she's left out there alone?
    Nope.* I've already tried that once before too and Essy tried to eat the pipes/electrical for the A/C and she ripped the cable for the computer off the outside wall.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Lydia, this is your other obedience dog, right? Sorry, I can't help but laugh a little. ESSY! You brat!

I don't understand, though--why is crating a problem? She may be just one of those doggies who needs more time to earn freedom (if ever). Nice big crate with soft music, soft light, a crossword puzzle--she'll be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast