Eureka!

Thread: Eureka!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultEureka!

After the morning play I was playing with Tal a little this afternoon…it was really windy and a storm was brewing…we had severe t’storm warnings and it started to rain. So we came inside. I’ve noticed today he has been a lot less bitey….and overall just seems calmer. Well I wish I had thought of a little more exercise before!

While it was raining I did some training with him and played inside as best we could. The little guy crawled up into my lap and just lay there…he hasn’t done that for awhile and I get the feeling since I played with him..well not sure what the right word is…but he seems more affectionate than before.

Naturally he had to go potty both during and after the rain. Methinks this little guy will love the water. He was a bit apprehensive with the large raindrops but that didn't seem to deter him.

I fixed me something to eat and was sitting at the table. Of course he wanted some of mine but I held fast. For the most part he stayed under my chair or the one next to it. Who woulda thought?? Well now I know that all the bitey was his way of sayin he wanted to play….Little guy has slept a lot today too….I guess I’m getting better at reading him….

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pat
    pat is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Eureka!

Ohhhhhhh what an accomplishment indeed!!!! And as Bob Pr. many of times quoted.........."A tired dog is a good dog" It went something like that

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Sometimes our labs are pretty sensitive to the drop in barometric pressure. Maybe that's one reason little Tally Ho has been a bit bitier than usual and then wanted up in your lap for cuddles? Also, I have a couple of labs who HATE the rain but would swim all day long if I let them. My third lab loves water no matter what form it comes in... rain, garden hose, bathtub, shower, kitchen sink...

You're having such a grand time with your pup and I'm still enjoying your posts immensely.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Thanks! I'm putting up some more...we had a very busy day! Well betwenen football games and naps..lol