Do labs howl?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do labs howl?

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo labs howl?

The other morning, Judy was somewhere in the yard, and didn't come when I called her to go for our AM walk (bad girl), so I just took Mitzi alone up the street. As we were walking away, I heard Judy protest by barking from the yard (fenced), but just ignored her and continued without her. I picked Judy up on our way back and went down the street with both M&J. I didn't hear it, but my bro,who lives across the street, said that he and my SIL heard Judy give this long forlorn howl while Mitz and I were up the street without her. I never heard a lab howl before and wish I had heard her. Has anyone heard their lab howl?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do labs howl?

The only time Kona howls is when he hears emergency vehicle sirens. He matches their pitch. ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Kathryn Guest

Yep yep they do!!! Maggie and the rest of her litter mates would do it! then after a few Months maggie didnt do it any more..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Yes, they sure do. I've heard both Reggie and Ranger howl. If you'd like to hear Mitzi and Judi do it, I suggest a group howl. My friends who also have dogs (oh yeah, they are in the country not too close to other houses, too ) do it with theirs. They have a nightly howl. My friends start howling and the dogs join it. It's a fun thing to do especially after a few after dinner drinks.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Oh boy and how

When we picked Tucker up from the breeder at 8 weeks, I held him in my lap the whole way home. We hadn't gotten a mile down the road, then he put his head straight up and howled, just like a wolf (baby wolf mind ya).

I couldn't calm him down in any way. He kept his head up and howled the whole way home...I couldn't believe it.

I told hub, geez, if people see this puppy in the car they'll prob'ly think who's kidnapping that puppy! :-\

He's never done it since...I'd never heard a dog howl before that.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

The only time Zoe howls is when someone plays the harmonica. Too funny!
    Sounds like she's singing the blues.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Jaida has in her sleep a couple of times. I wake up panicked, because she is a very quiet dog generally. Once in awhile she even wakes herself up and is panic struck! I grew up with a basset hound as the family dog, and he would sing on cue...as long as you sang with him! You could start howling, and he was NOT to be out done. It was always fun to show off to friends!

Pattons Padre is offline Member

If you get in the shower and forget to turn your alarm clock off....yup

lablover is offline Senior Member

The only time Kona howls is when he hears emergency vehicle sirens. He matches their pitch.
    That is what happens here. Both Fudge and Nutmeg howl together! ;D

My first lab Phoenix would howl the first day of our trip to visit friends at the beach if I went out without her. It was the most amazing sound. She sounded like she was being tortured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast