Has anyone taking their puppy to the pool

Thread: Has anyone taking their puppy to the pool

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultHas anyone taking their puppy to the pool

Are public pool is having a doggy swim..I want to take Mambo. But is the water ok for them?? ??? ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Has anyone taking their puppy to the pool

If the day is specifically for dogs to swim, I should think so.

Mybabymambo Guest

Yeah. I stopped and asked. I had to come home and get proof of vacn. No people are allowed in. Just wondering if the clorine (sp) is ok? or if they have it in there

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

Id was him off with water when you got home.. Like you and I we wouldnt want to go swimming in a public pool and not take a shower after.
    Even if there isnt anything in the water you dont know what other dogs have been in or if they have peed in the pool : . I know my girls pee in their pool EVERY TIME they get a chance.... Well not now any way since it has been cold and snowed last week...

Mybabymambo Guest

Snow...That doesnt even seem real. Its 90 degrees here. Thanks for the info.

Mybabymambo Guest

We went to the pool. Mambo had so much fun. He only actually went in once, and that wasnt by choice. He is still clumsy. He paniced, and he was saved by lifeguard..But there were about 50 dogs there. I will post some pictures soon. He is knocked out now. He is so tired he couldnt even stand up so I could open the front door. Thats my kind of puppy..

Oh and he will be in the paper tomorrow. HE and another lab named boomer. I will post it if they actually show his pic.

Just rinse him off real well.

Emma swims in ours everyday, several times a day. And we just rinse her well. He might have softer stool tonight also, but that should straighten out in a day or so. Might not even happen.

Emma always gets out of the pool to pee. lol..I swear. She wont pee in the pool. Another reason she is ALLOWED in it!