Energy Level

Thread: Energy Level

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultEnergy Level

Tal will be 10 weeks Monday (yaaay!) and his stamina is getting better. It’s kind of fun actually but he doesn’t just stop dead tired in his tracks anymore so it is hard to tell when he has had enough. I have thought about taking him on short walks around our church property. Not many dogs come thru here and with it being cooler when we would have to cross the parking lot it wouldn’t be hard on his paws. The only thing that balks me is he has only had two rounds of shots yet. And I have been keeping him pretty close to home for obvious reasons. I am also thinking it would start teaching him how to walk with me.

Need opinions!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Energy Level

By all means start getting him used to walking on the leash but I would not be walking him in public before he has had all his shots. A 10 week old puppy will not have a lot of stamina...they should be sleeping most of the day. I would stick to the 5 minute rule, so 10-15 minutes of play twice a day.

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

It's not only dogs you have to worry about. Wild critters that use the property could be sick or carry infections that could harm Tal. I'd wait until he has had all his shots first.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Dad
    It's not only dogs you have to worry about. Wild critters that use the property could be sick or carry infections that could harm Tal.* I'd wait until he has had all his shots first.
    I hadn't thought of that...good point. Why I asked..

And he does sleep most of the day still. He sleeps all night pretty much..has to go out once about 3 am which is kinda funny 'cause thats my time also..lol