Is this unusual?

Thread: Is this unusual?

modgirlreporter Guest

DefaultIs this unusual?

Gigi's spay was Monday and I expected her to be somewhat subdued for a day or two after. However, this is the third day and while she's not lying around looking miserable anymore, she hasn't yet returned to her usual ballistic behavior. ;D Mind you, I'm not complaining. I find it much more peaceful for her to be content to be petted and to lie at my feet and occasionally toss and chase one of her toys without going in mad circles and bouncing off the walls and furniture and George. But ... should I be concerned about this? Could the spay have calmed her personality this much or is she still in the recovery stage and Ballistic Destructo Doggie will return eventually? I confess I have hopes she'll be calmer in general now.

The only experience I have with this is having a cat spayed years ago and by the third or fourth day Gracie (the cat) was back to normal in every respect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Is this unusual?

I can't remeber how long it took for Kass to recover, but i guess all dogs recover at a different rate. She may still be a little sore.

I hope she feels better soon.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Echo was spayed at the end of July and she was taking it gently for 3 to 4 days. When the painkillers wear off they start to feel sore. As long as she is eating and drinking normally I wouldn't worry. The old personality will soon return so enjoy the peace while you can. Amber was spayed a few years ago and she returned to normal within hours.

They are all different.

Photo was taken on the third day and she still looks sorry for herself.

[attachment deleted by admin]

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oona was spayed just before her first cycle. The day after she completely jumped over the couch in the graduate studio at school. This was something she never did before and has never done since. Probably just to give me a heart attack.
    Olie

modgirlreporter Guest

No wonder Amber was sorry for herself with that big thing on her neck! ;D Gigi didn't have one of those and her incision site looks almost healed already.

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Jazzy was her wild wired self the same day.* I had to keep her crated for fear she would rip out her stitches.

Brookville, Pa.