STUPID PEOPLE

Thread: STUPID PEOPLE

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultSTUPID PEOPLE

I saw my neighbor who made an issue out of telling me that black Labs are the worst of all chewers. He saw the scratch marks on my hand and made some snotty remark about guess I’d probably be giving him up soon…I dunno if he was kiddin or not but it really steamed me. I said why would you even think that? Well I told you about my friends who had to give theirs up..yadda yadda yadda…I just said he is a puppy…all puppies chew…and that thought has never crossed my mind. It has crossed my mind a lot about how I can better help Tal thru teething and minimizing the scrapes on me…but give him up??? That really frosted me to no end.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: STUPID PEOPLE

Wow - some people just like giving opinions on anything to anyone! The nerve!

But isn't it heartbreaking how dogs/pets are nothing but "things" to alot of people? "things" one gets rid of when they become too much work?
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

That would upset me too. Little does this guy know Tal is your son!
    He will get over this teething stage soon enough. You are doing all of the right things.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

That would burn my @ss too!!
    Why do people just assume that dogs are a possession and can be given away on a whim??
    Rowan has been with us for just under 2 wks and I could never let her go now!
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Well, I hate to say it, but get used to it : I had scratches and scrapes all up and down my forearms from the time we brought Angus home till he lost his baby teeth. I cannot tell you how many people told me I should take him back to the shelter, including CLOSE family and friends. :-\

They have all changed their tune now

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

I can't believe how fickle people are with pets. And how many people think they know SO MUCH about dogs when in reality they are just making themselves look ridiculous. :

Knowing him I am sure in his own way he meant well...but still I didn't ask, nor want his opinion. I think the only surprise I've had so far is that it has taken me awhile to find something that he can chew on for any length of time other than my fingers..lol.

Well, I told him a bit more assertively, how it is so I don't think he will say anything else about Tal. Now that I have him, chewing and all I cant imagine not having him. I will be gla dwhen the teething stage is over tho..lol

It would be a cold day in he!! that I would part with Cinnamon and I know you feel the same way about Tal. If nibble marks are the worst thing you ever have because of him consider yourself lucky.

Have you tried a small bully stick for him for chewing. They cannot break them off like rawhides and they are not compressed so they don't pose the hazzards of rawhides. Cinnmon liked them as I could hold them in the back of her mouth where those teeth were coming in and she could get a good chew. I find mine at a grocery store as neither Petsmart or Petco by me carry the smaller 6" ones. They are also called Pizzle sticks and various names associated with the male private part of a bull dried.

Quote Originally Posted by azlab
    It would be a cold day in he!! that I would part with Cinnamon and I know you feel the same way about Tal.* If nibble marks are the worst thing you ever have because of him consider yourself lucky.

Have you tried a small bully stick for him for chewing.* They cannot break them off like rawhides and they are not compressed so they don't pose the hazzards of rawhides.* Cinnmon liked them as I could hold them in the back of her mouth where those teeth were coming in and she could get a good chew.* *I find mine at a grocery store as neither Petsmart or Petco by me carry the smaller 6" ones.* They are also called Pizzle sticks and various names associated with the male private part of a bull dried.
    I'll check it out. I got him some new Nylabones today at Target and so far, expecially the blue on with the little knobs on it seems to satisfy him alot but I can always use more. Actually, this may sound stupid, I am not that concerned with the bites on my hand as I am training him that biting hard is not acceptable and more importantly giving him something to chew on to alleviate the discomfort of teething.