**UPDATE**Does yours throw up when not sick?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **UPDATE**Does yours throw up when not sick?

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Default**UPDATE**Does yours throw up when not sick?

When I came home at lunch, Tal had thrown up a little…no more than maybe 1/8 cup if that. There were a couple of orange chunks in it which totally baffled me. He is definitely not lethargic…behavior is what I’d expect and shows no signs of any illness. Appetite is normal, etc. Do they just hack sometimes for no apparent reason?

UPDATE: I think this was one of those puke for NAR (no apparent reason) things. He has been completely as I would have expected today. I'm just glad to know they do this occasionally. They must do it just to keep us on our toes..lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does yours throw up when not sick?

I know Rowan has hacked a few times but that is because she is eating too quickly. What could the orange stuff be?... something from a toy perhaps?? :-[
    I hope he is back to norm soon.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Thanks...but I really dont think there is anything wrong...no change in behavior and he doesnt act sick at all. Who knows about the orange thing..esp with a lab!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

As a matter of fact, Angus just lost his dinner. PLUS a couple of pita bread shells that I didn't know were in there. :

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

lol who knows is right!
    you say he is fine otherwise, so it is probably just something he got into.

Emma throws up in the mornings sometimes, if her stomachs empty. So we have started given her 3-4 biscuits before bed and that worked like a charm.

Good luck this weekend with homecoming! I hope Tal the school mascot has a good time.

Thanks! I guess it just surprised me since he seems fine...you guys are lifesavers. I started to take him to the vet (it was about 11:30 when I got home) but I thought I'm gonna observe him for a few minutes...and nothing unusual occured so I figured he was ok....BTW..I cleaned it up and wiped with disinfectant..does this make me officially a dad now? lol

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

If Boomer throws up, I watch him for a little while...if he's acting normal, then I assume it was just a random puke. Most of the time he pukes, it's because he ate too fast or something. There have only been a couple times that he was actually sick.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

This just happened to us this week. Sami even threw up multiple times : but she was running around and seemed fine. She was even still on food patrol (ya know, following anyone who entered the kitchen ;D), so I knew she was gonna be okay!

Several months ago she threw up and had diarrhea multiple times. It was when I went into the kitchen and she didn't follow me that I realized she was REALLY sick. She went straight to the vet for that. $400 later I learned she had garbage gut. :

I guess just like w/ human kids, you have to evaluate how they are acting as much as what is occuring.

Henery likes to hurl every so often when his tummy is unsettled. Usually in wee hours of the morning in our bedroom. I'm wide awake as soon as I hear that sound that precedes it, and he's actually trained now that if I say, "Henry! Bathroom!", he'll hold it until I open the bathroom door and he can go on the tile. Much easier to clean.

But to answer your question, yes. Sometimes they do. As long as Tal is eating/drinking fine and not lethargic, it's okay.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Brigetta has. It's usually when she has eaten too fast. Prudence has also, for no reason that I was aware of. I just watch them to make sure everything is ok. It is scary when you're not used to it. The first couple of random thow ups with Prudence and Brigetta I was a little panicked (should I go to the vet? is it something serious?). After talking to my vet (who I called almost every day when I first got Brigetta) I became more comfortable with it and knowing what signs to look for.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast