OH READ THIS PLEASE~!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OH READ THIS PLEASE~!!!

DefaultOH READ THIS PLEASE~!!!

We've got a monster . We went to the vet today to get our last shots (i know running a little late). It was a new vet, since we're trying to find one that's closer.....NOT gonna happen. I'm still completely devoted to the vet back home, two hours away. What ticked me off is that going in, i was shocked at the reactions people have toward labs. Ok, Kaycie pulls, and she lays down on the floor in a "sneak attack" position and tries to crawl away from me (while lying down). And she's hyper. But why are people so turned off by her? I DONT have a bad dog, even though i may say it at times jokingly. I made the comment that we were doing puppy classes at Petsmart and the Vet looked down at Kaycie and replied, yah YOU defenitely need puppy classes, like she was bad. She's 6 1/2 months old, and people look at me like i'm crazy. GIMME SOME ADVICE HERE. Am I doing something wrong that makes people think she's a monster. I got her to sit in the little lobby as much as possible, and i tried to keep her attention with treats. She only whimpered a couple of times because i wouldn't let her near the other dogs. TELL ME I'M A GOOD MOM....and that my dog ISNT a monster. Oh by the way she weighed 42 LBS. lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BaileyB is offline Junior Member

DefaultRe: OH READ THIS PLEASE~!!!

doesn't sound too bad. if she is not being aggresive to the other animals there should be nothing to worry about.

Do yourun her before you get to the vet to tire her out?

we played hard this morning, enough that she layed down because she was through...maybe that wasn't enough

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

wow im shocked!
    I don't think you are doing anything wrong. If you arnt already when you get ready to go I would take her out and get her tired before you go. For Dakota all that means is a car ride and shes out.
    A lot of people are weird around larger dogs. But being only 42lbs I dont see why people would be so weird around them. I always have people wanting to pet Dakota at the vet. The girls who answer the phones take the phones off the hook and will come and see Dakota and give her treats.
    Most all the dogs we see in my area though are large to HUGE dogs.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Doesn't sound like it was too bad of a time.
    The people at my vet have known buck since he was 8 weeks old. So, they are kinda attached to him and love him.

But I do know how you feel. I have had countless people come up to me and say...Oh don't tell me that's a lab? I am like yep he's a lab. You have one??
    and the usual response is...god they are so destructive and hyper and unmanageable.
    And I say...Yeah...awful dogs. Must be why they make such good Guidedogs and hunting partners and such. So awful!

Also have had people passing me on walks telling me " Oh he will be walking you down the street soon" Dunno why they say that since he doesn't pull and in the off chance he does...these people have never seen him do it!...I respond with...well if he isn't pulling by now I don't think he will in the future.
    Buck weighs between 65-70lbs and is a bench lab. He is short and has yet to fill out. So even though he weighs 65-70lbs he doesn't look very imposing yet. hehe

Try not to take other people's comments too much to heart. I am a petite person so people automatically see Buck and I and assume that i have absolutely no control over him.
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Mybabymambo Guest

I had the same thing happen saturday. I swear people looked at me like I was crazy. It was an 8:15 visit and I basically woke up and grabbed him and we went so he was very hyper (Will never do that again) People suggested I take him to a puppy class and were shocked when I said he had already been.

He was truly hyper and I didnt think about taking him for a wakl before we went. I dont think your a bad mom at all. They are puppies.

I mean i dont pick on people about their little YAPPERS. I mean i could understand if she was bitey bitey. I mean c'mon when someone comes up to pet her she is an auto shaker lol

Mybabymambo Guest

She is really cute though...Right around Mambos age.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Some people are idiots. The average person does not understand normal puppy behavior. Exuberance is one of a Labs best qualities IMO. I want my dogs to be lively. That is the nature of the breed. I would be more concerned if my dog was NOT bouncy. You have nothing to worry about --ignore the negative people and enjoy your dog.

thanks MYBABYMAMBO...where do you live? ever visit louisiana? WE NEED FRIENDS lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast