Help! I am totally baffled by this
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I am totally baffled by this

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultHelp! I am totally baffled by this

Ok...so today I decided not to take Tal to school with me because he got really tired. I figured at 9 weeks he had probably had enough. I have come home about every 2-3 hours to play a bit with him, was home with him about an hour and a half this afternoon. I got home a little after 10, head hurting but fed =, played with and took him to potty. He has been really bitey with me.

I thought ok maybe he is still hungry...so I fed him some more and he ate...still bitey...took him outside to wee...still bitey...played with him some...and the only thing he wanted to chew was my hand. He doesn't seem sick at all...just really hyper. The only thing I can figure is he didn't get the kind of attention he normally gets from me today. RIght now he is chewing vigorously everything he can in his crate..I have his chew toys in there. Plus he is really whiny and acting like a spoiled kid. The attention thing is the only problem I can think of. And while ago I did something I thought I would never do...I told him to stop..as if he understood that now and said it with a raised voice... Any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Help! I am totally baffled by this

I have had a busier than normal week this week as well. Gannon has ben acting up too. 2 days this week I left him crated for about 4 hours while I was out doing things, this is in addition to the 2 hours I usually crate him in the mid morning to do housework. OH MAN does he get bitey, mean actually. He is so hyper he runs around like a maniac, bites at my legs, my hands my face...... Growls a bit at me,goes for me and wont touch the toys, so much so that I just have to leave him in the kitchen to run a bit and watch from the safety of behind the gate. Eventhat didn't help though I just let him play for a while took him potty and let him run outside a bit. When he was done he was still too wild so I have to crate him again....... He was my cuddle bug again the next morning both times though.........

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Sounds like normal puppy behavior to me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Sounds like normal puppy behavior to me.
    Ditto

yeah, sounds normal to me, and teething...

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

hmm I went through that stage with Buck not to long ago...it's what they do...welcome to puppy teething :P Crazy goofballs!

<3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Sounds like teething...as hard as it it is sometimes you have to ignore him
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

You could try a frozen waffle for his teeth.
    Or we used to soak paint rollers in chicken broth and then freeze them to give some relief from teething.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

WeHeartLabs has a great idea with the frozen waffles...We used to do that..works great
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Standard Labrador puppy stuff, fingers, noses, ears, hair, chew toys and last but not least, THE FURNITURE.................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast