WONT GET OFF THE BED!!!

Thread: WONT GET OFF THE BED!!!

DefaultWONT GET OFF THE BED!!!

When we first got Kaycie I tried to let her sleep in the bed with us before we got the Kennel, She hated the bed(now it's where she loves to chew EVERYTHING). She never once whined in the kennel and loves it. Now it's gotten WAY too big for my little car, and almost too small for her lol, and instead of another kennel, I'm wanting to transition over to a blanket beside the bed. The blanket is there and she will lay on it, and chew her toys on it, but as soon as i climb into bed, she's right there beside me. lol It wouldn't be such a problem if it was just me and her....but DAD takes up a little bit of room, lol and we can't all three fit. So what are the best ways to keep her off of the bed COMPLETELY? I started out with a firm NO, and put her down. Then she'd sneak around to the other side of the bed and jump up. Next, I went to throwing her toy down onto the blanket beside the bed. She think's it's a game, and jumps back up. ANY suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: WONT GET OFF THE BED!!!

Hmmm....Buy a king size bed? lol

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Does her daddy fit on the dog bed? If so, I fail to see where there's a problem.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Consistency. Every time it happens, grab her by the collar and say off.
    Would be a good idea to get a larger crate. Crate her by your bed until she learns that's where her sleeping area is.

The transition her out of the crate. Leave the door open once she's got used to her sleeping area. May be a good idea to "gate" her sleeping area to make sure she doesn't roam. Once she sleeps in the crate all night w/o roaming out or fussing, take the "gate" away. Then take the crate away.

This is how we got Zoe to sleep on her bed next to my side of the human bed.

Hope this helps. Good luck. It's fun training; just have to be consistent and patient.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

We tried this with Dutch. He is a "momma's boy" and is not content sleeping at the foot of the bed; he wants to be next to mommy even if it means sleeping on my head! We have spent an hour or more putting him off and back up he comes ... or he stands there and whines. So ........ poor Dutchie now has to sleep on the couch downstairs! He gets to come up and cuddle with mommy when SU gets up for work. Zoe will sleep at the foot of the bed and Zena sleeps in a chair in the bedroom. And yes, we are investigating a king just for my Dutchie!!

Uh, there is no open kennel walk in lol.....she is fine when she's in there but wouldn't dare go in there by herself unless i toss treats in, or if there's a special toy she wants in it. It's a guide in kinda deal lol. "OKAY mom if i HAVE TO"