Just Labradors banner

I want a new Mom

2K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  YUMA YELLOW BEAR 
#1 ·
Judy here,
Since we got back from the labfest my mom has been insufferable. She has been on my case constantly - says she's sending me to obedience school. Ha! I don't need no stinkin obedience school.
First she made me and Mitz wear these stupid harnesses to the labfest so she could pick us out and keep an eye on us. Who ever heard of a lab in a harness? All the other labs thought we were nerds. Then, as soon as I went off exploring in the woods, I hear "JUDY, WHERE ARE YOU?" "JUDY COME!" Jazzy was with me, I didn't hear her mom embarrass her. All the other labs laughed at me.
All the other lab Moms were way cooler than mine. Tucker's mom carries bags of chicken around with her all the time, and she is very generous with it too. Yuma's mom makes home made meatballs which she shares with us labs, and she let me lick her plate too! Abby's mom plays ball with her - ALL DAY. My mom is always "too tired" to play with me. Beau gets to ride in the front car seat by his mom, mine makes me go in the back.

Shhh, have to go now, I hear her comming.
Judy

#3 ·
Judy,

I wasn't laughin' at ya...that sound you heard wasn't a laugh, I just had sumthin' stuck in my throat.

I thought it was neat that yer mom wanted you near all the time, and was keepin' such close tabs on ya. Jazzy was just showing you around the property, so you'd be familiar with things....your mom just didn't understand. ;)

Tip for next time......hang out in the water more with us....she can't get to ya there! ;D

Your pal,
Tucker

G
#5 ·
Judy I know its not fair. But your mommy really loves you and wants to look out for you. Give her some time. Show her you can be trusted and she will come around..

My mommy is the same way, but its because I chase after lizards and dont come back when she calls me. I am working on that now..

P.S OB classes arent that bad I made a few friends there, and I am going back for round 2

#8 ·
Hi Judy, Rush here. My mom's always keeping an eye on me and my sister Boo. I know how you feel. Just when we find something really cool or interesting, she makes us come in or has to see what we are into, er I mean studying. My sister Boo loves to dig to China and daddy said he thought he heard someone talking at the bottom of the big hole she dug. Now mom has to watch us every second so Boo doesn't dig any deeper. She said she's afraid she'll fall off the other side of the earth. Yeah right. Anyway, just wanted you to know we have the same problem with our mom. Maybe someday we will get her trained right.

Your friend
Rush

#10 ·
Judy, Duke here. Don't feel embarrassed about that harness, at least your mom didn't make you wear a LIFE PRESERVER. Now for a Lab that is an insult. I can only think that that poor pup at the fest needed to wear it for medical reasons.
As for obedience school, tell your mom to forget it. Dad sent me to a fancy smancy private boarding academy for two weeks of intensive boot camp training and you know what, they didn't teach me one thing I could use in real life. ;D

#14 ·
mitziandjudysmom said:
Judy here,
Since we got back from the labfest my mom has been insufferable.  She has been on my case constantly - says she's sending me to obedience school.  Ha! I don't need no stinkin obedience school. 
First she made me and Mitz wear these stupid harnesses to the labfest so she could pick us out and keep an eye on us. Who ever heard of a lab in a harness?  All the other labs thought we were nerds.  Then, as soon as I went off exploring in the woods, I hear "JUDY, WHERE ARE YOU?"   "JUDY COME!" Jazzy was with me, I didn't hear her mom embarrass her.  All the other labs laughed at me. 
All the other lab Moms were way cooler than mine.  Tucker's mom carries bags of chicken around with her all the time, and she is very generous with it too.  Yuma's mom makes home made meatballs which she shares with us labs, and she let me lick her plate too!  Abby's mom plays ball with her - ALL DAY.  My mom is always "too tired" to play with me.  Beau gets to ride in the front car seat by his mom, mine makes me go in the back. 

Judy

lolllll...this acompanied with that pic of the 2 of them...omg too funny!

#18 ·
Here's the thing Judy, Mom training is really hard. it doesn't happen over night. You can;t give up though. It's the same stuff over and over again, keep your bark light and easy lots of praise lots of treats, and don;t be afraid to go back to the beginning and start all over again. It can take years but the effort is usually worth it.

HB & Freedom

#19 ·
Hey Judy...Molly here. Remember we met at the last labfest. My mom is a worrier too. I always have to be where she can see me.We have a fenced in yard & she still watches me like a hawk. She took me to OB class, she really taught me "leave it." I think she got scared when the neighbor dog got some kind of obstruct -something" needed surgery.Boy...even if I am just sniffing I get a loud "leave it.' Now that's emabarrassing , especially in front of my lab friends.
But I think they reall mean well & love us. So we should just stay in the water & have fun that way. ;)

#20 ·
mitziandjudysmom said:
Judy here,
Since we got back from the labfest my mom has been insufferable.  She has been on my case constantly - says she's sending me to obedience school.  Ha! I don't need no stinkin obedience school. 
First she made me and Mitz wear these stupid harnesses to the labfest so she could pick us out and keep an eye on us. Who ever heard of a lab in a harness?  All the other labs thought we were nerds.  Then, as soon as I went off exploring in the woods, I hear "JUDY, WHERE ARE YOU?"   "JUDY COME!" Jazzy was with me, I didn't hear her mom embarrass her.  All the other labs laughed at me. 
All the other lab Moms were way cooler than mine.  Tucker's mom carries bags of chicken around with her all the time, and she is very generous with it too.  Yuma's mom makes home made meatballs which she shares with us labs, and she let me lick her plate too!  Abby's mom plays ball with her - ALL DAY.  My mom is always "too tired" to play with me.  Beau gets to ride in the front car seat by his mom, mine makes me go in the back. 

Judy

Judy... This is Yuma at least your Mom didn't make you wear a neon orange life vest!!!!! I felt like SUCH A DORK!!! But because you all looked soo cool and weren't afraid of the water I thought I'd try it out & when she wasn't keeping a close eye on me... ha she thought I would sink like a rock and drown! Boy did I show her! So don't you worry ... it will all work out! Here's another good un for ya... Mommy sent Daddy away with the Army he's been gone awhile so she thought it would be fun for us to go to obediance school.... how embarasssing at my age! I am 4 yrs old for crying out loud! I'm m the oldest in my class! But I did get to meet Beau and he hasn't tried any funny business with me yet! So just remember you get lots of treats at ob school... thats what I'm in it for! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.