Comment

Thread: Comment

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultComment

Several of my students stopped by my place this afternoon to see my new puppy. One of them said he smells...I said yeah well he's a puppy! I think he was just kidding and didn't pursue it...but he just smells like a puppy imo! He hasn't been in anything to stink! So unless that happens I have no intention of giving him a bath anytime soon...Might be that Tal was just a littlewet from having to go potty while it was raining!

besides, I love that puppy smell..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: Comment

Puppies don't smell. I have had people tell me they smell really really bad. THEY LIE i tell you! If they made puppy smells to put on dogs id be their biggest buyer! I love puppy smells. *snif sinf* No puppy smell here :'(

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Oh gosh! People would ALWAYS tell me how Buck "smelled". I actually took him to the vet about his "SMELL". I personally didn't think he smelled bad...he had no reason to. Vet took a look at him and told me I was insane. He said I could give him a bath with a very mild shampoo if I wanted but he really didnt need a bath.

I didn't give him his first bath till he was about 16 weeks old and it was because he had diarreah in his crate and well he certainly NEEDED A BATH then . I dunno when the cute puppy smell left but he no longer smells like a puppy
    My cousins came to visit last weekend and she asked if I had just given Buck a bath because he smelled fresh ...well the last time Buck had a bath was back in the beginning of July...which was his second bath ever ;D

But like Labmommykathryn said..."If they made puppy smells to put on dogs id be their biggest buyer!" ;D
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jinx is offline Senior Member

Awww, I love the way my babies smell. Jinx hasn't had a bath in probably two years and Shelby in a year. If they get dirty I just rinse them off. If they get into something stinky I bath them with a soapless shampoo.
    Its all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

I have found that brushing is the key. If I do not brush my dogs, they smell. Brushing removes all the dead and loose hair, and all the nasties that attach themselves to it. It is also good for removed dead skin and dander. A brushed dog is a clean dog.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Yeah..I agree. I have a brush but have forgotten to use it..oops... :-[