Saved a dog from getting ran over and found out we got a Petco!!

Thread: Saved a dog from getting ran over and found out we got a Petco!!

Kathryn Guest

DefaultSaved a dog from getting ran over and found out we got a Petco!!

I was on my way to walmart and see this dog dart out in front of us. Breaks went on and we came to a full stop. I opened the door and started talking to the dog. She was VERY scared. She started coming my way so I jumped out of the truck and another car went by and scared her off :-\ . There was another person trying to get her also. So I had them drive up the road to where she was scared off to and try to get her to come around back my way. They drove with the door kinda open and she just jumped right in. They are taking her to Metro to get her scanned and then if in a week shes still there shes going to go home with them!
    It really made me think. I really need to put out OTHER leash in the truck for that reason. I have seen so many dogs out running around..

Now for Petco.
    After help saving the dog from getting ran over I saw that we got a Petco and it was open. So we name a second stop lol. I'm kinda shocked at how close together everything is. Do they not know that tails go "swish swish"? I got to pet 3 little doggies and licked by EVERY other dog in there lol. Next weekend is their Grand Opening! Guess who's going to be there!! ME! Their toys are a little more but their food is cheaper than the farm/ranch feed store here, only by $3. But hey $3.00 will buy a toy!!! lol I am so excited! I have passed Petco 3 times today and it was on the 3rd time I noticed they were open... : . They have LOTS and LOTS and LOTSSSSSSSSs of fish! So excited for fish! It doesn't look like their tanks had cycled yet though...
    I can't wait to take Dakota to Petco! YAY YAY!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Saved a dog from getting ran over and found out we got a Petco!!

You must have been frightened to death when you saw that dog run off. I'm glad that someone has her, and she's got a chance at finding her people.
    A new Petco! Don't you LOVE it when that happens? My neighborhood store is a Petco, but I just recently found out that there's a Pet Smart about a half hour's drive away, and made the trip that afternoon. I just like to see the different varieties in different stores.

Kathryn Guest

I was very excited. I was a little shocked it wasnt more spaced out though. We are taking Kaden and Dakota tomorrow morning when everyones at work lol
    I am really excited I can get Maggie a toy for her Birthday this week since its not going to cost me $20 for a ball the size of a pea... (long story)
    lol I LOVE that store!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I thought I loved Petco until a Petsmart opened near us! They have very wide aisles and seem much more open. I must say both are great places and definetly get one of their cards that goes on your keyring to get deals and such.

Oh wow, that's always scarey seeing dogs run around like that. I always get such a nervous feeling in my stomach.
    That's great that you have a Petco. Nice find! ;D