Lake Placid with my lab....Any suggestions?

Thread: Lake Placid with my lab....Any suggestions?

DefaultLake Placid with my lab....Any suggestions?

Next Thursday I am driving the 3 hours (with Lexie) to Lake Placid to visit my husband who is going to be there for work.* Supposedly Lake Placid, NY is a pretty pet-friendly place to visit so we are hoping this turns out to be true once we get there.* The longest car ride Lexie has been on was about half the length of this trip too, so it should be an adventure!* We found a great little place to stay where Lexie is more than welcome.* We have mapped out some trails to hike along and of course she will get to play in the lake.* I'm still unsure about meals for us, since we can't leave her in the room unattended and there were only 2 restaurants listed online with outdoor seating which allowed dogs, and it is getting quite cold there already so I don't know about eating outside anyway.* I guess we will have to order in alot!* This will also be Lexie's first time in a hotel type setting.* I am nervous that she will bark a lot. If I can manage to remember my camera, I will post some pictures when we return.

Anyone who has been there have any suggestions about places to go or see or things for the 3 of us to do?*

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Lake Placid with my lab....Any suggestions?

I think most of the hotels and motels in Lake Placid have trail maps available. I would suggest hiking in the area. They have all sorts of trails with varying ability levels.Cobble Hill and Whiteface Landing are easy hikes. My SU and I spend alot of time in the Adirondacks,all though we don't spend much time in LP unless it's winter (skiing). I don't think eating outdoors is going to be too comfortable,cold front is moving in Weds. I really don't have any particular favorite restaurants or activities in Lake Placid we always have a great time when were there.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.