Buddy's Newspaper Article!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy's Newspaper Article!

ILoveBuddy is offline Senior Member

DefaultBuddy's Newspaper Article!

Here's Buddys article from todays Arizona Republic!

http://www.azcentral.com/families/ar...petpeople.html

Abandoned Lab mix becomes Phoenix family's Buddy
    Emily Seftel
    The Arizona Republic
    Sept. 16, 2006 12:00 AM

More than a year later, Rhondi Huff still can't talk about finding her dog, Buddy, without tearing up.

Huff was at her Phoenix home when she heard a car screech into the school parking lot across the street. The car paused for a moment, then sped away. A white dog chased after it, fruitlessly, and then came back to the parking lot.

Huff took food and water to the abandoned animal and tried to coax him to her, but he shied away when she approached. For three days she fed him while he waited for his owners to return, standing up each time a car came by.

On the fourth day, the dog took a turn for the worse. Near death from heat exhaustion, he stumbled to Huff's yard. He could barely stand. Huff called the pound, and the animal ambulance came to take him to the hospital.

"They gave me his case number and since I had caught him, I had first dibs on him," she says. "Of course, my son and I by then were madly in love with him."

Huff brought the dog home as soon as he was eligible, and he's been part of the family ever since.

"I have never been so crazy in love with an animal," says Huff.

What is your pet's breed? Buddy is a Labrador retriever mix.

How did you choose your pet's name? We originally tried to name him Lucky, but it didn't fit. We realized his name was Buddy.

What is your pet's worst habit? Buddy has a fondness for new leather work boots and cowboy boots. This does not make my husband very happy.

How do you celebrate your pet's birthday? Since we don't know his birth date, we celebrate him coming to live with us every day with lots of treats and love.

What is the best thing about your pet? The best thing about Buddy is his unconditional love for us and the way he thanks us every day for saving his life.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Buddy's Newspaper Article!

Great story. It about broke my heart to read that someone just left him--and he waited for them. :'( I couldnt imagine doing that to one of my girls.

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

The beginning breaks my heart, but this is a true love story!* ** I'm so glad you found each other!

Edited to add....
    Rhondi.....having read this, your tag line under your siggy couldn't be more PERFECT!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ILoveBuddy is offline Senior Member

Can you believe Buddy waited for the creeps that thru him away to come back? Not only did they abandon him in Phoenix in July (115 degrees)....they most likely abused him too. He would cower away from us when we would pick up the broom to sweep, or take the putter outside to putt the golf ball...he thought we were going to hit him :'( It has been a year now and he is finally getting over his fears. I hope he knows that he will never be hurt again, and that he will be safe with us forever!

That story brings tears to my eyes. Bless you for rescuing him.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh wow. I had no idea this was how Buddy came to be with you. I wouldn't be able to talk about it either, without crying. :'( That is truly heartbreaking.

I am so, so happy that he ended up with you!

Great article! God bless

Connie

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Also, I've been meaning to say, that is just a gorgeous picture of you two. You both look so happy.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Such a sad story but such a happy outcome

Saddest is that though abandoned, he watched for them to come back..how lucky for him that they didn't, and you stepped in

That story just breaks my heart. How could they do it to him? And after all he had been through he still wanted to go home waiting for the creeps to return.

I am glad Buddy found such a loving home. He deserves it after all he has been through.

Thanks for loving him so much.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I am so glad to hear that Buddy has found a wonderful home for you. I just love your picture. You both look so happy.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast