A Happy Ending!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Happy Ending!!

DefaultA Happy Ending!!

**UPDATE**

I posted this last week, but Kendall & Noah's story aired on the news tonight!* I thought Fergus' reaction to seeing Kendall and Noah on TV was too cute not to post!

Hey I know that lady, it's Kendall!! I swim in her pool....

There's the pool, there's the pool!!!* Hey....who's that in my pool??

The adoption is now official and Noah has a permanent happy home where he gets tons of love and exercise!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you are aware that we've been taking Fergus to a pool called K9H20 for the past few months as part of his Cruciate recovery...anyways the owner of the pool (Kendall) has been fostering a yellow lab named Noah since May.* He was found wondering the streets of Downtown Vancouver weighing 173 lbs!!* Kendall heard about him and offered to take him as a foster and work with him to get his weight down.* There is a big chart at the pool showing his progress and when we were there on Thursday night we saw he was down to 111 lbs now!!* He has some more pounds to lose, but looks so great now, it's been so amazing watching his progress!* She brought him home shortly after we started going to the pool so we've been there to see it all!* She sent me the following email today announcing that she is officially adopting Noah this Monday!!* I just wanted to share this great story!

Her email:

Hi Everyone,
    some of you know that I volunteered to foster a 5 year old yellow lab from the Vancouver City Pound at the end of May.* Noah was found wandering on a hot day.* He was 173 pounds and should have weighed 85.* He was in desperate condition as he could not bear his own weight on his front legs and would collapse after 10 steps. I took him home* and swam him and got him on good meds and a diet , and CTV was kind enough to do a story on him at that time.
    Well, Noah has lived with us since may 26 and we love him.* He is a great dog who gets along so well with my Bear and Bailey.* Infact he and Bear are like brothers.* Over the course of time we have seen Noah drop pounds, increase his stamina and walks and gain confidence and pure joy of life.
    He now weighs 111 pounds, and continues to lose weight.
    On Monday Sept 18 I will take Noah back to the Vancouver City* Pound and officially adopt him (yahooooooooo!!!!).
    CTV will meet us there and do a follow-up story on him.
    If you can, please watch the CTV evening news channel 9 for us Monday night (Bill Good and the gang) , and perhaps tells friends and family.
    For those of you out of province, check CTV morning news on Tuesday as it is often carries Nationally the next day.
    Thanks everyone.* If the show date changes I will try to contact you asap.
    Kendall

For those of you that our interested to hear his story you can go to her Website www.k9h2o.com and click on Programs and then Weight Management!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A Happy Ending!!

That is the best story!

I feel so sad for poor Noah :'( What in the world was he doing weighing twice what he should? To think of him barely able to support his weight for even a few steps...it just breaks my heart.

Bless her for taking him in and getting him in shape, and now giving him a wonderful home!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I shouldn't have looked at the picture :'( :'( :'( Dear Lord. Why?

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Wow, what an amazing story! She's a hero!

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

That's a lovely story Kendall must have been working really hard with Noah to lose all that weight just since May.

Won't someone please feed me!

Kathryn Guest

YAY for happy endings!!!

Wow, that's some story. I just can't believe anyone would let him get so obese.

Great for them for adopting and getting him back in shape!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

That is the kind of ending we all like to hear! Thanks God there are people like this lady who have a heart!

Quote Originally Posted by mattgusmum
    That's a lovely story Kendall must have been working really hard with Noah to lose all that weight just since May.
    The pool is actually at Kendall house so Noah has been swimming up to 3 times a day lately!!

Dani is offline Senior Member

What a wonderful story...I can't even phathom what a 173 lb lab would look like.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast