Griffin - Vomiting and Diarrhea...what home remedies do you use?

Thread: Griffin - Vomiting and Diarrhea...what home remedies do you use?

ZukinGriffins Mom Guest

DefaultGriffin - Vomiting and Diarrhea...what home remedies do you use?

Good Afternoon,

What home remedies do you use for vomiting and diarrhea? Is it still rice and plain hamburger? Seems like I have been out of the loop on this for a while and wanted some advice.

Here is the chain of events to give you an idea of what we are experiencing.

1:30 pm - Came home from store, Griffin had pooped in his cage, not much, but a little...seemed normal. At the time, I thought it was unusual that I only saw so little and wondered if he actually ate some. :-X

1:30 - 3:00pm - All seems normal. Dogs went outside, played a little, and slept quietly

3:00 pm - I was in my master bath when Griffin came running in, licking his chops, with that worried look on his face. Found that he had vomited in my bedroom. It was thicker, mixed with food and he hadnt eaten anything but a couple of biscuits since the night before. As I am cleaning it up my daughter yells from her bedroom....

There was very watery diarrhea in her room. I honestly dont know when this happened as nobody was in her room until now. As I was cleaning this up, my son let Griffin and Zuki outside with just a small amount of water. Griffin drank just a little.

3:30 pm - Dogs were inside and all of a sudden, Griffin vomits on the carpet. No warning, nothing...just vomited. No heaving or anything. This was watery with just a little food. Covered about a 1ft x 1ft section.

He immediately runs to the back door but on his way there he stops in the dining room and throws up again. Still very, very watery and this time, it covers about a 2ft x 1.5ft section (on the tile).

He goes outside, as I was cleaning everything, the kids keep an eye on him. Bless their hearts, they told me every time he moved a muscle.

As of now, (4:30pm) he hasnt done anything else...he is laying quietly at my feet.

I do have some Metronidazole 500mg, but am debating on whether I should give it.

Sorry for the novel, do you have any suggestions? I am thinking rice and hamburger too...but wanted some more thoughts.

Thanks for your time!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Griffin - Vomiting and Diarrhea...what home remedies do you use?

If it was me I'd probably withhold food until tommorow. f you are uncomfortable with that an little boiled hamburger and rice or just rice would not be bad. Make sure he gets plenty of fresh water, with vomitting and diareah he can dehydrate. I would not do the flagyl unless I checked with the vet first.

labby is offline Senior Member

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZukinGriffins Mom Guest

Thank you for the quick response! Duh...I should have thought about withholding food. Why is it that when its your pet or child sick all common sense goes out the window?

THANK YOU!

ZukinGriffins Mom Guest

Thanks for the website Laura!

labby is offline Senior Member

If it continues or gets worse (any blood anywhere), then make sure you get to a vet ASAP.

Laura

ZukinGriffins Mom Guest

Thanks, I will take him to the Emergency Clinic if he shows any signs of blood or if it gets worse....so far, nothing since his last upset at 3:30ish...

Thanks again! Laura, I book marked your article site, great information!

Blessings,

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Does he seem to be feeling OK otherwise? I hope everything's alright!

I was just wondering...did you ever actually see him vomit? Did it spew out at a distance? Sounded like it covered a pretty large area. Just curious. ???

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

ZukinGriffins Mom Guest

Hi

For the most part, he seems to be okay. He is a little quiet today, but then again, so is Zuki....but I am watching him like a hawk.

I didnt see him vomit the first time and saw it out of the corner of my eye the second and third time. I think it shocked him as much as me, for the poor look on his face....or maybe he was embarrassed to throw up on the new carpet. I have to agree with you, the amount amazed me too.

Thanks for checking in on us.