Well just aren't I the genius
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well just aren't I the genius

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultWell just aren't I the genius

I have been thinking of getting one of those child gates for my kitchen door that opens into the living room. When I am in the kitchen I cannot see Tal if he goes into another room. I really didn’t wanna spend the $$ and I was thinking today I am not using the ex-pen I got so I could just use it…so that’s what I did! Since it folds two panels fit the doorway perfectly.

It works for awhile but he keeps wanting to go outside. Most times its legit (meaning to potty) but a couple of times it was obvious he wanted to play plus he was getting tired. I put a blanket I used to use in his crate down on the floor along with some of his chew toys. I thought he would nod off if he got tired of chewing or watching me…I finally had to put him in his crate. Went out like a light! I think I may start working on the stay command.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: Well just aren't I the genius

When he gets big enough you are going to ask your self why you didnt get that babygate lol. Dakota learned at about 3 months how to climb over the box in front of the kitchen door(the babygate was in the hallway). By that time the babygate when to the kitchen door and over went the coffee table on its side to block the hallway lol....
    Good luck, I am glad you are having so much fun with little Tal!

Quote Originally Posted by LabMommyKathryn
    When he gets big enough you are going to ask your self why you didnt get that babygate* lol.* Dakota learned at about 3 months how to climb over the box in front of the kitchen door(the babygate was in the hallway).* By that time the babygate when to the kitchen door and over went the coffee table on its side to block the hallway* lol....
    Good luck, I am glad you are having so much fun with little Tal!
    Thanks..well it at least buys some time. When he stands up he can't touch the top of the ex-pen so I figure I'm prolly good for another month or so. Ya he is alot of fun!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

My wife tred the baby gate a while back to keep Rowdy in the kitchen when we're gone. right over the top he went, dug his toenails in and used it like a ladder. : So she gave in and we got a crate. ;D

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

haha I borrowed a babygate from a co-worker a couple days ago and gated Buck in. He busted right through!!
    Now he has a crate for a full grown rottie to stay in durin the day when we are at work and for sleeping at night he sleeps in his regular crate.
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Sounds like I would almost waste my $$ on a baby gate! I think I'll stick with the ex-pen panels..

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

It's great that you already have the ex-pen and that it's working! I bought a baby gate for Brigetta at 14 weeks...she put her little paws through the holes and climbed over...then I bought a really nice extra tall vertical bar gate...the little escape artist reached until she could get her two front paws on the top of the gate and pulled herself over!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

The funny thing is our gate climber who could do it at 9 weeks just got able to get on the bed by himself this week. He can climb but not jump, and there is not place to place his toes on the side of the bed.

I use the ex-pen as a gate in the house. I can't get a regular baby gate wide enough for the opening between the family room and the rest of the house so the ex-pen works pretty well. The only problem is that our cats have free roam of the house and our Siamese WON'T jump the gate to get into the family room. Instead he likes to head butt the gate to move it out of his way. When he moves the gate in it usually gives Lex enough space to get out. Nice to see my cat and dog working together to achieve their goals. ;D

budbud is offline Senior Member

Good Idea when your ready to get your baby gate go to walmart.com they just have a great selection and very cheap got mind for about 50.00 and it arrived in 4days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast