How do you celebrate your Labs Birthdays?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you celebrate your Labs Birthdays?

DefaultHow do you celebrate your Labs Birthdays?

Yuma usaully get s a new toy, some treats, and I make him a meatloaf - thats birthday cake doggy style! :-) ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: How do you celebrate your Labs Birthdays?

Lizzie will be 1 on 19 October and my two boys want to have a party for her!!! I have asked my SIL to make a cake and will invite the family over.. she will get lots of attention and pressies..

Buddy is coming up to his first ever birthday in a couple of days time, i've already bought him 3 new toys and his getting a sausage cake (he loves sausage) and a trip to the beach with his friends vada and ollie.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

For Kallie's first birthday we brought a bone cake to her obedience class and had a party there...then at home she had another party with our other dogs and we sang "Happy Birthday" and gave her lots of presents!!!!

Kathryn Guest

Maggie will be 3 on the 21st of this month. I am not sure we will be doing much this year.
    Last year she got a present and we spoiled her lots. she got lots of treats, I think the kids I was watching at the time also gave her their dinner instead of eatting it (thats a whole other story......)
    For her first birthday we had a joint Birthday with her and her Mommy Bailey. Bailey was born on the 15th of Sept. so we had a birthday for the both of them on the same day. We just did cake that year..

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Emma gets presents from me, my parents and sometimes even my sis. I always make her birthday extra special and let her decide, I do everything she wants that day! And I try to avoid the dogs which give her a hard time and let her meet the dogs she likes! Emma loves to rip the paper of her presents!

Edit: and yes I forgot the balloons! I decorate with ballons.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

We have a party, and invite all of her doggie friends to our house w/their owners!
    The people have good food; the dogs just hang out while we eat and drink wine. LOL

Then we have a pinata for them filled with treats and small toys.

House is decorated...balloons, etc. The dogs wear birthday hats for picture taking. Then we have a doggie cake for them.

Once we played several doggie games...musical towels and an obedience relay.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Apollo is coming up on his first birthday and I'm wondering when you guys say cake-Do the puppers get cake? Just plain white no frosting?

Quote Originally Posted by apollosmom
    Apollo is coming up on his first birthday and I'm wondering when you guys say cake-Do the puppers get cake? Just plain white no frosting?
    I made Fergus his birthday cake this year...I had wanted to get him one of those really special ones from a local dog bakery, being that is was his very 1st birthday, but since he was just 10 days post-op from his Cruicate Surgery it was only going to be him eating it :P* Hopefully next year I can get one for him and all his doggy friends!!* I actually got my recipe from Henry's Mom, but if you look online you'll find lots of dog friendly recipes!

Here's the one I used....

1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    1/3 cup honey (optional)
    1 egg
    1/2 cup carob chips (carob is a chocolate substitute)*

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix quickly. Bake in a greased ring mold at 350° for 40 minutes. Drizzle melted carob over cake when cooled. Store in the refrigerator.

* Do not use chocolate chips. If you cannot find carob chips, make the cake without them.

I ended up not using carob chips and instead added mashed banana to the batter & then made a yogurt & banana frosting!!* Fergus LOVED it!!

Puddy's first birthday is tomorrow and we are having a little party.* I actually sent out an evite to all of her friend's parents and included their furkids.* We have hats, napkins, plates, decorations, gift bags, the whole deal.* My mom is making a dog cake and treats.* We are playing a couple of games..popcorn eating contest..and bobbing for tennis balls in kiddie pools.*

In the morning, we are going to wake up early and go on a hike at her favorite place (5 miles) and then come home.* My husband and her are going to eat Filet Mignon.* His will be cooked of course, but not hers.

As you can tell, we have no kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast