The light bulb has just turned on!!!!!!! I am so proud TY to FallRiver

Thread: The light bulb has just turned on!!!!!!! I am so proud TY to FallRiver

DefaultThe light bulb has just turned on!!!!!!! I am so proud TY to FallRiver

Fall River wrote several notes (Aug 29th) on how to teach a dog not to pull on a leash with a clicker. Well, I thought what the heck it is worth a try. Nothing else was working. Went and bought a clicker and started by teaching Mischa a click meant a treat. Then went to work as instructed.

Well..........
    Fall river, I could just kiss you. I went for a walk (be it a short walk because Mischa has CNM but isn't too bad yet) this am. Mischa never pulled once.... Yes it has taken 2 weeks of daily work with her but WOW!!!!!

When she felt the leash pull a little snug, she came back to a heel position before I could even use the clicker and waited for her treat. I am on cloud 9 this morning. The light bulb just switched on like she remembered all the games and exercises at once and put them together.

I guess now I am ready to put a word to what she is doing. It sort of was funny only clicking and not saying a word, but it worked. Now I can start saying "heel"

I used her normal collar, no harness, prong collar and only positive reinforcement (her own food). Worked much better.

Thanks again Fall River
    Pat

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The light bulb has just turned on!!!!!!! I am so proud TY to FallRiver

Wow, congratulations! Sounds like it's working great!

I always enjoy reading FR's advice in Obedience & Tracking.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The light bulb has just turned on!!!!!!! I am so proud TY to FallRiver

That is excellent...

MY TURN MY TURN.... *goes off to re-read Fall River's advice*
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

YAY Mischa!!! That is really great!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

That is great, what progress

FallRiver (Dana) has lots of good advice and insights. (She may not read this right away; she's moving soon, and may be in the process now)

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Terrific news! Congrats to you for being patient and consistent with your pup!