Tal's Vet Visit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tal's Vet Visit

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultTal's Vet Visit

I took Tal for his visit to the vet today and he got his second round of shots. He did great. Actually was a bit more antsy getting his nails clipped but even that was not a big deal. Now that I know how I’ll keep ‘em clipped…They also gave me his monthly med for heartworm…so we’re off and runnin! He weighs 13 lbs and she said he is very healthy...I sure wanna keep him that way.

Everyone there…staff and patients just had a fit over him…said he was a beautiful dog and this one lady said she was gonna take him home..lol. One young man (about 8 y/o or so asked to pet him so I showed him and everyone commented how friendly he is. Can ya say proud dad?? Plus he was a little antsy starting off in the car but once we got rollin he just took it in stride! He likes to sit on the console next to me. By his next visit I am gonna get him one of those harness things. Do you think it would be ok to take him for a sort ride every now and then? Say like 10 or 15 minutes?

Last..it wore the little guy out..I had no sooner got him home then took him out to potty, brought him in and he ate and drank a bit then I put him in his crate..nodded off almost immediately!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Tal's Vet Visit

It's really a good idea to get him used to the car. So short trips are smart.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a good visit. I would start out with short trips. My girls love to go in the car. Staring them off young helps.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Awww good boy!!!

Absolutely take him for short rides - and cue him with your words too - "want to go in the car?" or "Wanna go for a ride?"

Before you know it, you'll be getting those cute little head tilts!!
    Brenda from Connecticut

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Yeah..and tho he gets a bit excited he never seems to ket it slow him down..I don't think he has met a stranger yet!

Ya know the longer I have him the more I just don't understand folks. I don't get how anyone could abuse one if these little ones....and most of all I can't imagine bein without him. Sorry if I sound sappy but I am sooo proud of him and he is such a joy!

Good boy Tal!!

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    Yeah..and tho he gets a bit excited he never seems to ket it slow him down..I don't think he has met a stranger yet!

Ya know the longer I have him the more I just don't understand folks. I don't get how anyone could abuse one if these little ones....and most of all I can't imagine bein without him. Sorry if I sound sappy but I am sooo proud of him and he is such a joy!

Apology???? Apology??? That's music to my ears! I wish more people felt that special bond with their dogs, instead of finding a way to get rid of them because they just don't want him anymore.
    Brenda from Connecticut

modgirlreporter Guest

Absolutely take him for rides! Take him everywhere you can, and he'll get used to all sorts of people and eat up all that attention and be much better for it. And don't apologize for being sappy about him -- we're all sappy about our fur babies!

Absolutely take him for rides just for fun and several of those rides (if the vet isn't too far) needs to be going to the vet.* Prefereably when his is fully vaccinated but the more he associates going to the vet doesn't always mean treatment of somekind the better it will be to take him there.* Some dogs get scared about going to the vet and it doesn't make it fun so if you can teach him young that every trip to the vet doesn't mean a nail clipping (even though you are going to do that yourself now) or shots or an exam of some sort the better it will be for both of you in the long run.

My vets LOVE my dogs because when they go and an emergency comes in there aren't nervous panting dogs in the waiting room there are labs asleep on the floor because they know, 'It's the place where we go for fun and everyone loves on us.'* When I was growing up we had a Cocker Spaniel that was afraid of the vet that had to be carried in so that we didn't have to drag her in and then after my dad's lab got into my mother's medicine bag (something she STILL hasn't learned to put away > ) and had to have her stomach pumped she HATED going to the vet.* In all of her 15 years she never changed her mind.* When I got my own dogs I made sure they loved going because I didn't want to take multiple dogs and have to persuade any to go inside the office.*

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I love how excited and in love you are with Tal. I never get tired of hearing about how you are doing and how he is progressing. The ride thing is an excellent idea. Rush loves to ride, Boo whines and pants the wholeeeeee time. Saturday classes are a trial with the car. We hope she will eventually get used to it. Keep the stories and pics coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast