Wet the bed?

Thread: Wet the bed?

DefaultWet the bed?

Loki peed in our bed ! In the middle of the night... I woke up to Loki licking, I snapped my fingers to make him stop... he did, but started licking again... then I noticed my leg was damp, and then the sheets were damp... So I flip over the covers and sure enough there was a huge spot on the bed. I made Loki get off obviously, but also realized he was soaked and smelled like pee?!

Im guessing he had an accident, just like a child would and maybe it happened while he was sleeping... He woke up to it and probably was trying to clean it up before we noticed.... He new he did something wrong right away.

Loki is 6 mo old, and is potty trained.... He usually sleeps in his crate, but last night was just one of those exceptions...

Is it possible for dogs to wet the bed and not know it?

Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Wet the bed?

I don't know the answer to your question, but it seems like Loki is not ready for the big bed yet. :-\ I think my dog was closer to 8-9 months when we started letting him sleep in bed. I sure hope there is nothing wrong with Loki's health, just an accident.

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

I would check for a UTI, The one time Koko wet her bed it was because she had a UTI. Take a sample into the vet and ask them to check.

Good Luck

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

It is possible for them to wet like a little kid. Boo did the same thing and she was totally unaware. She was checked for a UTI to be on the safe side, but it was just an accident. She was too young at the time. 5 months I think.

Kathryn Guest

Have you changed food at all?!

We just went through a thing with Maggie 2 weeks ago she started wetting everything.* Her crate, the bed, the floor, the loveseat, EVERYTHING.* I took her to the vet with a urine sample and she had crystals on her urine.* They say that was causing her to pee all over.* She will be 3 this month and shes been potty trained since she was 4 weeks old.
    If you see it again I would call the vet and take a sample in.*
    I hope it was a one time thing and that nothing is wrong!