Confession of a busy lab owner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confession of a busy lab owner

DefaultConfession of a busy lab owner

Deb and I were pming our "confessions" today..got me to wondering if anyone else is....

Behind in training. I am I swear having a fenced in yard has made me lazy. Gunny is really pretty to live with, play with Autumn, play fetch with mom and/or kids..lay with mom and watch TV. He isn't nearly as trained as he should be. My goal was therapy work at this rate I"m not visiting anyone.

He's chewed 2 cell phones, 1 cordless phone, several pairs of shoes, the wood that is on the bottom of my "good" living room furniture, a few CDs and a few DVDS....in the last 6 months...where was I when all this was going on? I swear I'm home all the time.

Somebody kick my into gear!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Confession of a busy lab owner

Oh boy - did you read my mind???? I was just thinking this the other day. Ever since we got Stella - one on one training for all the dogs has gone down the toilet. I took Stella to obedience (Phase I) and she learned her basics - sit, stay, down, etc.

The other day I tried getting her in a "down" command and she looked at me like I had 4 heads.

I know FOR SURE I have lapsed with their training. I too, have a fenced yard - and yes, you tend to get lazy.

While you're all out kicking Deneen's butt......give mine a whack too!
    Brenda from Connecticut

Mybabymambo Guest

Deneed..I understand. I vowed I would keep up with Mambos training everyday since grad day in Augusta. I havent done alot and now am having to deal with that..So back to OB class foe us. We both need a reminder

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Sometimes life just gets in the way. I had high hopes for what I wanted to do and I admit it is harder with 2. Also, my son has so many sports activities on the weekends that any hopes of making it to the obedience class I used to go to is a distant memory. Someone can give me a good whack in the pants, but I'd probably just move over.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Behind in training.[/quote.
    What is training. Poor Jazzy hasn't had much at all. It has been a bad year for me and training was the first thing to go. Guess that is why she is back in a crate while I'm at work. Now I feel bad after reading what I just wrote.

Brookville, Pa.

At least I'm not alone in the paddling line. LOL

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

I am always beatng myself up for not training more. I have given up with trying to enforce loose lead with Lucy(she is hardly ever on a leash so it is a kinda tough thing to train in real life situations) and polite greet forget it....I just manage it now..I gave up in frustration. If I need control, I use a prong collar until she settles down. But I do practice and enforce recall and settle..everyday.
    With Cricket, I have been taking to training classes but I am much more lazy with doing my homework. I train her what I need...settle, sit, down, look at me, and recall..I go to classes to keep her manners around other dogs.
    I envy those who are dedicated and get titles and compete and have unbelievable control..

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

I hear ya, Deneen and I confess!

I just signed Abby up for classes geared towards earning her CGC. Due to a late confirmation email from the training club we missed our first class on Monday.* : Since Jack came to us we got* a little lax with Abby's training. We reinforce what she's already been taught but she should be further along by now.* She'll be 2 in November!

Now Jack, he's a whole other story. He knows "sit" and will occasionally shake paw. If I try to teach him anything else he just lays down and rolls over on his back. I want to sign him up* for basic classes but I'm not sure if they make a dunce cap big enough for his head.*
    Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

HA! Tell me about it!! Zoe and River know COME ... the others stand there and look at me like "what? you talking to me?" :
    They went to school ... guess that tells ya how we're doing, huh?

I just started Beau back in level 2 again....I need the help as much as he does!!! :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast