Name Game
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name Game

DefaultName Game

Help!!! Hank is about to turn 1 which means we have about a week to fill in the papers and send them in. We still have not decided on a registered name for him. The man we got him from just bred for fun and is not a kennel so he has no rules and doesn't even care if we register Hank. But seeing as how he is my first dog that I am caring for all own my on, by gosh he will be registered!! We are just having trouble with the names. We call him Hank, Hankster and Bubba (yes I know it sound a little redneck but we live in South Texas so...)

My boyfriend's (Steve's) father passed away in May but was in love with Hankster. He called him Chocolate Drop when he was small but also thought Sir Henry Coffman would be a good registered name. I would like to use some of Steve(Sr)'s suggetions but just don't know what to officialy name that "Chocolate Dog" (another term Steve(Sr) used for him). ???

So... If anyone has any suggestions... I thought it might be fun to see what people could come up with! So let's play Name That Dog!! ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Name Game

I guess the first thing that came to my mind was Hank Williams.* What about a play on words w/ some of his song titles:

Hanksters Honky Tonk Blues

Ramblin Man Hank

Hey Good Lookin Hank

I know, they're silly.* I'm not even a country music fan ... but that was the first thing that popped into my head!* :P

Do you have any hobbies or special interests. Do you like books, movies, music, etc. It's fun to have the name mean something to you.

Something you need to think about, and I hate to be a party pooper but... I wouldn't use your boyfirend's name for the simple fact that you may or may not always be together. Do you want to see your dog's name and constantly be reminded of someone you don't particularly like (if it ever comes to that point)?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cocoa?

What about using your father-in-law's name in it....like "Steve's Chocolate Drop"?

That'sMyGirl,

Steve's family owns a radio station and we both work there so the Hank Williams thing is a very good idea.* I love Ramblin' Man Hank.* It fits him!!!

RottnLabs,

Good point.* We never know what will happen.* We feel that we will be together but who doesn't think that?* Thanks for the advice!

sawyerssammy,

I also love Steve's Chocolate Drop. I'm just not sure my Steve is erady for naming something after his father. The pain of losing him is still so fresh.

Great ideas everyone.* This is entertaining me at work so keep 'em coming!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Steve Sr's Chocolate Hankster (a little bit of you: "Hankster" and the rest of the name to honor your father-in-law)
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Andi- I'm horrible at names...I just wanted to say that pic of Hank is great!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Brigettas Mom, Hank says thank you!

He is so cute....the look is like..."what mom...i'm just hangin out"....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast