COSTCO's new Kirkland Dog Food for Seniors

Thread: COSTCO's new Kirkland Dog Food for Seniors

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultCOSTCO's new Kirkland Dog Food for Seniors

Puff and I drove the Honda 5 speed into KC, MO, to pick up another bag of Kirkland C&R dog food, plus some dishwasher & laundry detergent, and another jar of Kirkland G&C.* (Consumer Reports hasn't rated the dog food but those 3 other products are at or near the top of their charts and are rated "Best Buys".)

I was surprised to see a BLUE bag of Kirkland dog food now with the other colors (their C&R bag is maroon, their L&R is green). It was labeled for Senior dogs, 7 years and older.* The grains in it are rice and barley -- no wheat or corn.

Anyone tried this new food?

Off topic -- FWIW, I'd filled up the Honda a few days before the trip and driven around town and then to the garage for a preventative timing belt replacement.* When we started for KC, there was 53 miles on the odometer since the fill up.* It was warm enough so that I ran the a/c most of the way in to Costco but not at all on the way back.* *The route we drive is half Interstate and half similar type highway but going and coming we have about 5 miles of city driving through Lawrence, KS, with traffic lights, stops, etc., where we switch from the Interstate to the other limited access, divided 4 lane highway.

When we returned, I filled it up again.* 179.5 miles, 3.93 gallons of gas.*

WOW!!* I'm impressed (and greatly relieved!)* That rounds to 46 mile per gallon.* Now if my feet on the gas and clutch can just master smooth up-shifts in 1st & 2nd and if my hand will instinctively learn the different spatial locations of 2nd & 4th as well as 3rd & 5th.* It's getting better........ :
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: COSTCO's new Kirkland Dog Food for Seniors

LOL @ Bob grinding the gears in the 5-speed tranny!

I feed my dogs the Kirkland lamb and rice with Solid Gold turkey and fish canned food. All 3 (10yo Lab mix, 5yo Lab, and 1yo JRT) are doing great. I'll have to check out the label on the senior food.

labby is offline Senior Member

I don't do senior food unless the senior is having issues with regular food. I love my Honda Bob.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Bob, do you know what the protein % is in the new senior food?

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

I've seen it at my Costco; they also have Puppy Food but it doesn't seem to be consistent with keeping it in like the two others. I'll stick with the C&R.

Honda's are the bomb!!