Registered Names
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Registered Names

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultRegistered Names

Why is it that when a breeder picks a theme for a litter she specifies that it has to come off a paticular website? For example ~ green tea ~ we have come up with a cool green tea name but she says it has to come off the list SHE provides. (Which works out to be about 12 choices) of real undesireable names in my opinion. :-\ ( I am just very frustrated as she is my dog now ~ as long as I stick to the theme shouldn't I be able to name her what I want with the kennel name in front of course)???

Shouldn't we have some choice in this?

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated on this matter.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

DefaultRe: Registered Names

I don't specify anything except the name begin with my kennel name so I can't help you out here. I guess some breeders want specific names - not sure why in my opinion but they do. I know in Europe the pups are all given their registered names before they leave the breeders if that is any consolation.

Henery's breeder's only stipulation was that his registered name start with her kennel name and "J", as his litter was the "J" litter... so he's Gorsebrook's Jackson Triggs.

What are the possibilities for names that your breeder suggested??

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

http://www.relaxsipenjoy.com/green_teas.aspx

Sencha is already taken... and another will be taken from a second breeder. So the rest of us get a pick from what is left.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't have a hard time with that. I love Dragon Pearls or Dragon Wells. Silver Needles is nice, too.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

I really like Dragon Well or Phoenix Eyes...what's the kennel name?

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

hmm I like Jasmine Pearls, Phoenix Eyes, and Jade Spring!
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I don't know, but the subject came up with a breeder-judge friend of mine and she mentioned that in the past 30 years of breeding litters with "theme" names, she still knows to this day who someone is talking about, and from which litter the dog is from, because of its name.* Maybe that is why some breeders do it?* Helps them remember who belonged to a certain litter?

For what it's worth, I really like Emerald Petals, since it basically describes "green (emerald) tea (petals/leaves...same diff)." You could come up with some really great call names for that one, if you don't already have something in mind.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Some breeders do an alphabetical theme and other do a TV show or movie (like me ;D) either way it helps them remember when they had the litter and who all was in the litter.* Just like CaliforniaLabLover said.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    I don't know, but the subject came up with a breeder-judge friend of mine and she mentioned that in the past 30 years of breeding litters with "theme" names, she still knows to this day who someone is talking about, and from which litter the dog is from, because of its name.* Maybe that is why some breeders do it?* Helps them remember who belonged to a certain litter?
    I used the alphabetical method for my horses so I could remember which year my babies were born in, well alphabetical and space themed.* LOL* The first filly born at our farm was named Event Horizon's Aurora Australis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson Creek Girl
    I am just very frustrated as she is my dog now ~ as long as I stick to the theme shouldn't I be able to name her what I want with the kennel name in front of course???* Shouldn't we have some choice in this?
    She has given you some choice, more than what I will give my puppy owners.* The puppies will be registered and sent home with transfer papers.* More expensive this way for me but I don't have to worry about the AKC screwing up limited or full registration which has happened in the past.* *

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Be happy you get to pick at all. I wasn't given the option with Abby and her registered name, imo, is just retarded. You are very lucky that while you are forced to pick from a list, at least you get to pick at all. Some don't give you even that option.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast