Just Labradors banner

The Mean Man

5K views 77 replies 67 participants last post by  Taffys Mom 
#1 ·
Hey guys Lucky here and have I got a story for you!!

This morning was a nice cool brisk morning so Mom decided to take my bro Happy and me to this really big park so we could play with other dogs!!  We were so excited, but first we had to take the little guy to school!  After that we were in the car (you know the one I tried to steal this summer.)  Anyway we were on our way, it took forever!  Mom had to keep telling me to stop bugging Happy, but you guys know how it is!  It's hard to stay still!

When we got there I didn't see a dog in sight!!!  We walked all around and then we found it!  A great trail that went through the woods and it was just for dogs and their people!  We were so happy Mom had to keep hollering at us to stop pulling on her arms.  Well geeez maybe she should walk faster.  Anyway we walked for a bit and then we found it!  A huge swimming hole all to ourselves and we even got to swim!  Mom even found sticks for me to fetch out of the water.  It was a blast.  All to soon we had to go though.  We found more paths and Mom even let us keep our leashes off because nobody was around and it was something called a "leash free zone", bought time those people came up with that!  So we got to romp through the woods and Mom walked along the path listening to what she calls music.  I tried listening to it and even sang to it some, Mom didn't like that to much.  She said I'm not allowed to touch her iPod.  Whuddever that is.  I just know it played some noise and was wrapped in leather.  That's prime chewing material there!

Well we ran along the paths, making sure we kept Mom in our sight.  Humans are so helpless you know!  Well we found a hill we had to run down.  I think a rabbit was down there and Happy always brings them to mom as presents.  He always eats them for her.  Which I think is just a bit rude!!  So we ran after the rabbit for mom and the next thing I know is I hear Mom hollering.  Not the kind of hollering she does at us.  This was a different kind of hollering noise she was making so we ran back up the hill to investigate.

There was this man on top of Mom!!!!  Look like he had tackled her or something, but she didn't seem to be liking his kind of playing.  His knee was in her back and she couldn't get up!  What kind of playing is that I ask you?  Well we decided he wasn't playing at all and he was being mean to our Mom so we had to do something!! We came running barking and snarling as we went. We both tackled this guy!!  He didn't know what hit him!  Mean humans!!  He tried to hit back at us, that's when we got really mad!! (As if we weren't mad already, this dude was hurting Mom!!)  I grabbed a hold of his leg and Happy grabbed his arm.  He got away from us and ran down the hill, so we helped him out on that and jumped on him while he was running!  He got down there a lot quicker that way and we grabbed a hold of him again.  We wanted to make sure he knew what he did was very, very bad!!  Happy and I had a pretty good grip on him, no way was he getting away.  Then we heard Mom calling for us.  I took another bite and ran up towards Mom with a piece of his pants.  It took Happy another minute or so then he came with a piece of what Mom calls a 'hoodie'.  Mom was crying and was all banged up and even bleeding!!

We both gave her kisses and licks to make her feel better and then we walked with her to get out of the woods.  Mom called the police and we had to wait around for them.  They made us give up our prizes!  We didn't want to give them up!  I hope they're not planning on giving them back to that guy!!  The police man promised that he would do his best to catch that guy.  We didn't even break skin on the guy, he got off lucky.  Though Mom says that with the way we clamp when we're playing that he'd be pretty bruised up from our grabs. The policeman said that we were very good dogs though!!  He even gave us badges!!  They didn't taste very good at all. 

Our poor Mom!  She's too sore to walk or play with us at all tonight!  She did buy us Happy meals on the way home!  Why does Happy get a meal named after him?  I want a Lucky meal!!  Dad came home and brought us toys though!  He said we're his 'heros' whuddever that means!!  Dad says mom can't take us to that park anymore!  that's not fair!!!  Just because some mean Human had to ruin all the fun!!  I hope we see that guy again!  I'll give him a piece of my mind! GRRRRRR

You can't go around hurting my Mom and get away with it!   GRRRUUFFFF!!   I love my Mommy.  Guys be careful!!  Watch them stranger Humans!!!   Happy won't even leave mom's side now.  He's so worried about her.  My poor Mommy. 

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh my God! Are you alright? That's terrifying! Thank goodness you had the lab squad with you! God *amn son of !itch, Cops better catch the guy, I'm guessing it probably wasn't the first time this guy has done this and won't be the last!! I'm sure it happened so fast...please let us know how everything turns out.

#7 ·
I'm sitting here with dropped jaw as I read this. What a horrifying experience. i'll pray that you are okay and that you can recover from this. This must be emotionally draining as well as physically. So glad the dogs knew the right thing to do.

#10 ·
I am really drained. Just really banged up. Nothing to serious. So glad I had the dogs with me! Happy hasn't left my side. I can't even use the restroom without him! He just cries. I love my labs so much. Haven't heard anything on the guy yet. I will definately keep you guys posted. SU wants us to go to a different park now, but the dogs loved that park so much. Not sure what we're going to do about that. SU brought the dogs toys and we're taking them to Petco tomorrow or friday one. I'll update you guys later tonight, going to lay back down for a bit.

#11 ·
Oh my goodness, that is just terrible. I hope you are okay. It's a good thing you had Happy and Lucky with you. I often wonder if my dogs would help me out if attacked. I'm glad Happy and Lucky were there for you.

#13 ·
holicow....glad to hear you'll be alright in time

:angel: :police: GOOD DOGGIES....VERY VERY GOOD DOGGIES :angel: :police:

#15 ·
Oh my!! :eek: I can't believe that happened to you!!! That is so terrible. I hope you feel better soon and they catch that man.
What heroes you have! Way to go Lucky and Happy for saving your mommy!

Take it easy adn keep us posted.

#19 ·
How frightening that must have been. I am really glad Happy and Lucky sprang into action.
I think a steak fry is in order for them. I hope the police catch the #*(@* who did this.
I would at the very least go with SU and put poster up around the park warning others of what happend.
In fact think about contacting the media to get them to broadcast it you might be saving someone else.

Hope you feel better soon. And once again Good Labs Lucky and Happy our hero's.

#23 ·
I am so sorry to hear about this happening to you. I know this had to be terrifying. Thank goodness your dogs came to the rescue. Mine are so laid back, but I've always had the feeling that they would protect me if they had too, and I know that you and your husband are very proud of Happy and Lucky. I would not be going back to that park alone, even if they catch the *#&).

#25 ·
WAY TO GO HAPPY AND LUCKY!!! I am so glad that the dogs were with you and that they came running when you yelled. What a terrifying day you had! Keep us posted and I hope and pray that they catch the guy - I hope he is really sore tomorrow!! Soak in a hot tub and get some sleep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.