Interesting thing happened today

Thread: Interesting thing happened today

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultInteresting thing happened today

I got home and fed Tal..I was a little late (2:30) so it had been 2.5 hours since his last potty break, which has happened before.Everything went well and when I took him in the kitchen to eat he did. He went under one of the kitchen chairs (nothing unusual) and I looked over and he weed on the floor! He usually starts to sniff or more likely goes to the back door..our customary exit to his toiilet..lol.

Anyway, about a minute later he darted out of the kitchen ( iagve him a look like why didnt ya go to the door like u usually do??!!??) and I looked and he wast waiting and pawiung at the door...I took him out, he weed and pooped....Everything was as I woulda expected except the wee on the floor!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Interesting thing happened today

Hank has done that. Sometimes he eve pees while he is walking in the backyard. It is almost as if he doesn't even know he is doing it. I think he just gets too excited and forgets to pay attention. Maybe Tal was so excited about the food that he didn't even think about what he was doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Andi
    Hank has done that.* Sometimes he eve pees while he is walking in the backyard.* It is almost as if he doesn't even know he is doing it.* I think he just gets too excited and forgets to pay attention.* Maybe Tal was so excited about the food that he didn't even think about what he was doing...
    I hadn't thought of that...that's prolly it...just a bitago he was eating and I was making something for me to eat and he did it again..only I was watching more carefully and tho he got a bit on the floor, I grabbed him and took him outside to finish it off!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'm glad Hank isn't the only goofball. Good luck with Tal! I hope he doesn't make too big of a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Andi
    I'm glad Hank isn't the only goofball.* Good* luck with Tal!* I hope he doesn't make too big of a mess!*
    lol..he didn't...and actually didn't do it again the rest of the night! I'll just keep a closer watch on him....he's still a baby..and once he gets out of the puppy stage he'll be able to control it better. With that face I can't get mad at him!

curly is offline Senior Member

The older he gets, the more 'control' he will develop. Happy peeing will happen for a while.... these guys and gals are very happy to see us when we get home!!

Zakk was home alone for a long time yesterday and held it until I got home and let him out. I really thought I would be cleaning up a mess but he made me a very happy daddy ;D!

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    With that face I can't get mad at him!
    I know what you mean! I can't get upset either. Those little faces are too sweet!

Lilprincee is offline Senior Member

Sounds like your baby is doing fantastic.........don't forget he is a baby!!!!
    Good Job!
    [IMG]/[/IMG]

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I can't even begin to count the number of accidents Frankie had in the house when he was a baby. He would be walking into the next room or playing with Tucker and would just "Pssssssss" :-\ It seems like it took forever for him to get over that.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Tal's doing just great and so are you.

Seamus and Flynn