Gage, Daisy and the Wailers...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gage, Daisy and the Wailers...

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultGage, Daisy and the Wailers...

Hey guys....things have been crazy since the shelter PTS a lot of puppies trying to control a parvo problem. My contact managed to pull 4 lab mix pups out and we now have them in insolation at my vet waiting it out to ensure they don't get Parvo. One of the males is already adopted...the person is just waiting out the holding period before he takes his pup (adotped at the shelter). We are working to get a 1 year old out before tomorrow that was also spared from the mass euthanization.

We have two other dogs that were turned into our vet that we are helping to place right now too. The first is Gage, whom I posted about in mid-August. His owner allowed him to get hit by a car and then brought him in a day later to be PTS because he didn't want to pay to have him treated. He surrendured the dog and he's been at my vets ever since. His leg was shattered and he's making progress. A wonderful donation was made by our very own AZLAB for Gage's care. THANK YOU SO MUCH KARON!

We think he has a little sheperd in him..but nevertheless, he's a sweet boy. 18 months old. You can kind of see in the first picture his left back leg...that is his bad leg...he still hasn't put full weight down on it yet.

The second dog is Daisy. She's 3. Her owners brought her in with her right back leg wrapped tightly in an ace bandage because he had cut herself on something. Well, it was so infected that they had to amputate the leg. Owners didn't want to pay the bill. The vet got them to surrender dog. Owners wanted dog back...vet handed the bill over they said nevermind. Daisy's leg was amputated and healed nicely. But guess what? She turned out to be heartworm positive. So...poor Daisy is finishing up her HW treatment. But I have to say, she is the sweetest dog. She gets around great on her three legs. She will be a wonderful companion.

Here are the Wailer puppies that are in isolation:
    Yellow Girl:

Black Girl:

Yellow Boy:

And finally, here is Lex. This is the boy we are trying to get out of the shelter before they decide to put him down.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Gage, Daisy and the Wailers...

Dani- they are all so adorable. The work you do is amazing...I truly admire it. It's terrible the things that some people do to animals. Thank God for people like you!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Lex looks like a sweetheart!!! ;D
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Dani, you and others like you are so amazing. You have made such a difference in many lives, ours included. We can't be unaffected by your work and stories of each of the dogs you help. Thank you so much for caring and sharing. God holds a special place for you.

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

God Bless, once again, Dani! Can't beleive how busy this must keep you! Sure you'll have no problem placing these guys - they're all adorable!

Thanks for the update they are so cute I hope the puppies turn out to be healthy and you find homes for them all soon.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Dani - another wonderful job. I certainly hope Lex gets out of there.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Great Job Dani

I'd foster in a heartbeat if it were not such a hassle to send them my way!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Thank God for people like you!* *How old did you say Lex was?* You are in Michigan right?* Are you thinking foster care might be helpful?* I kind of feel my heart strings tugging for Lex but I just don't know if we can afford another dog full time right now...Maybe I need to get hubby to look at this.* I'll keep you posted.

Please keep us posted on Lex, hubby agrees that we can't afford him yet, I'm trying to talk him into fostering, but he's worried because Apollo is only a year old that they might terrorize the house-but I think we could work around that keeping one upstairs and one downstairs while we are at work. Corey also thinks with it being hunting season that Lex will get snapped up right away. We both agree he is very handsome. Please keep us posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast