Not good

Thread: Not good

DefaultNot good

So, we had a little problem with Clarence last night. He wouldn't poop before bedtime, we kept wandering around the grassy area where he does his business, saying his command "Go potty, Clarence." he just refused and kept wanting to go back inside. So, he decided he needed to go at 3am and did it in front of the bedroom door. He didn't make a sound to let us know he needed to go out, he just went. Not fun to wake up to. He doesn't ever make a sound to let us know he needs to go out, but during the day this is ok because we keep an eye on him and if we can't find him, we know he's probably sitting quietly by the door, waiting for us to notice. But if he has to go in the middle of the night (hasn't happened since his first few months with us) we need to know. Any suggestions? Is he going through a rebellious, "teenage" stage right now? He's 7 months tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rexduke Guest

DefaultRe: Not good

Hang a bell on your door knob and hit it each time you go out, after a while the pup will hit the bell when he needs to go out. A lot of people on here have used this method with success.

Hope this helps

;D

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Or crate at night...
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'm liking the bell idea. I've seen it mentioned so much here, we might try it. As for the crating, we started not crating him at night about a month and a half ago. First we kept him in the bathroom on his doggie bed, then we moved him into the bedroom, on his doggie bed. He's been very good about staying on his bed all night and after his morning potty, he waits to be invited on the bed. So, we don't want to crate him at night anymore but if this continues, we might have to go back a few steps. My fiance said Clarence seems to have a bit of a tummy ache today (He takes him to his office a few times a week--lucky him!! Wish I could do that!) so maybe it wasn't totally his fault....

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Yup that was the second thing I was going to suggest.. he might be having some tummy troubles. At 7 months, Ender had an accident in the house.. that's when I KNEW he was sick.
    ~Lindsay