such an interesting moment....

Thread: such an interesting moment....

Defaultsuch an interesting moment....

well....i had fallen asleep and woke back up at 12am to take diva outside i had tried taking her outside earlier but she didn't have to go so i figured i'd go to sleep for awhile and get up and try again. well our yard isn't fenced in or anything and we have houses on both sides of us and so on and sometimes we get stray dogs/cats walking through the neighborhood, anytime diva would see an dog or a cat walking around before she'd just take off running back upstairs but i guess she's just a lot more curious these days lol and wants to know what's coming into her yard. which hey i know all pups are going to be curious and i in no way am against her wanting to be curious and know what's going on, but tonight she sure did something new. there was an dog/cat in the neighbors yard i couldn't tell which it was because it was dark but i was at the top of the stairs and was about to walk down with her on the leash and she sees something and takes off down the stairs like a firecracker jerks me down the stairs slams my arm against the porch railing on the way down so my arm is scratched up and hurts a lot and then she kept on dragging me and then plop i fell down on my butt in the grass. yeah at the moment i was like :-X ??? > :-\ cause taking that kind of tumble hurt it wasn't bad but yeah it just wasn't that fun well i got up after i sat there for a second cause it happened so fast i was kind of like ?????? i looked up and saw a dog/cat run off and even with me on the ground diva kept on wanting to jerk like crazy, i don't think she knew that she had pretty much dragged me down the stairs and then flat on my butt i didn't get mad with her about it because i knew she didn't do it on purpose and secondly there's no use in me getting mad at her over that, our cocker spaniel does the same thing pretty much he goes crazy when there are dogs/cats in his sight i think a lot of dogs probably do that, go a little crazy when some strange dog/cat comes into their "territory" so to speak. the only difference is freddy (cocker spaniel) sure doesn't have that much pull on him lol diva now has a lot of pull on her because of her weight. but yeah none the less that was just a lovely experience that's for sure, my brother thought it was funny lol which at first i didn't think it was funny at all because it hurt like heck and it's still not that funny to me cause my arm still is hurting but in a little way it is kind of funny cause i fell like flat on my butt in the grass lol and i was like AHHHHHH

oh well for sure from now on i'm going to take her out earlier, as early as i can so i don't have to take her out too late at night and not have to experience getting dragged and falling on my butt again. i guess you kind of have to have a little bit of a sense of humor about this kind of thing. i'm sure we've all had our embarassing fall flat on your butt or what have you moment with our dogs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: such an interesting moment....

Ouch! Hope your arm (and butt) are feeling better this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel
    Ouch!* Hope your arm (and butt) are feeling better this morning.*
    awh thanks a lot my arm is still killing me. i'm sure in a day or two it's gonna be bruised and look like i got in a fight with myself and lost lol. but oh well things happen i'm sure not going to punish diva for what happened like i said she didn't do it on purpose.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mybabymambo Guest

I love you siggy. She is so cute...Hope your arm feels better.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

~Lindsay

Been there, my lab/shepherd/rottie cross was 112 lbs. He had a high prey drive and would take off after anything. Unfortunately when I went down I cracked my tailbone. Took weeks to heal. He went to obedience school after that (he was adopted and this happened shortly after we had gotten him). He had wear either a prong or halti when we walked so I could control him if he went after something.