Do you ever leave your Lab in a vehicle? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever leave your Lab in a vehicle?

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do you ever leave your Lab in a vehicle?

No. I have heard to many horror stories of dogs getting stolen from cars and I wouldn't risk it. That said, I'll admit that (very rarely) my dogs have been left for a minute or two if I have to run into a store after training or a walk or something. I wouldn't just take them out for the sake of a car journey and leave them in the car though...never.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr.

At Lowe's & Home Depot, I put towels in the bottom of a cart and wheel her through the store.* Puff gets big grins from most of the people we meet in the aisles.
    I didn't know you could take dogs into those stores, I bet Puff loves that and gets all kinds of attention. ;D

Samson is offline Senior Member

As he gets bigger you should be able to leave him for a few minutes but beware of your seat belts

They are ripe for chewing.

I only leave mine for a few minutes and the windows are always open for ventilation. I am always afraid of them being stolen

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I don't leave Buddy but thats just cause his at the stage where he would tear my car to shreds if left alone.

I actually got yelled at by a driver the other week, for having Buddy in the back seat when i was taking him to the beach. I was driving and the windows were half down, so i dont know what she was going on about!

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Lucy goes with me on short errands like to the post office bank or a quick errand. I never leave her for more than a few minutes and only in the cooler weather. Cricket now goes with us too on these quick trips.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Sami just went on a slew of errands yesterday morning It was much cooler here -- 68 degrees -- and I took her to the bank, drug store, library etc. I always leave the windows cracked and I'm never gone more than 5 to 10 minutes. I also take one of her toys and a bone for her to chew on. She's never been anything other than an

I really like taking her with me, and she enjoys the outings, so why not?!

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Maxine comes with me everywhere, so naturally there are times when she has to be left in the car. BUT, we have remote start installed in every car, so that when necessary, she can have the air conditioning on for the 10 to 15 minutes I might be in a store. Many of my shopping chores are done on the way back from the dog park.

Jan
    Jan is offline Senior Member

I'm the same as Thatsmygirl, and take Corby with me as much as possible. He loves going in the car, and is content to snooze while I go into the store. I don't do in summer when it is warm, of course. Also, he's in the car for our trip to and from our cabin, and we often need to stop for something or other.

No--my two are way too friendly. I would be afraid someone would take them.

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Yes, in cooler weather we take CoCo for errands... we leave the window cracked, and she wears a seatbelt harness that allows her to sit up, look out the window, or lay down... She just snoozes when we run into a store (for a few minutes) and then when we are driving she'll stick her nose out the window!

We've been taking her in the car since she was a little puppy (at first she stayed on my lap, and we didn't leave her alone), and I swear she's better behaved in the car then she is anywhere else! lol!
    ~Jo & CoCo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast