Question about the first vet visit

Thread: Question about the first vet visit

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestion about the first vet visit

This Friday I take Tal in for his first vet visit since coming home. He will get his 9 week shots and I am going to have them trim his nails and show me how. I want to minimize cutting into the quick.

My question is this...will it be safe to take him places...not like a dog park or anything but I need to go to PetCo plus next week is homecoming for us and I was gonna bring him to school in the evening with me. This may be too much but I wanted to ask. If I can't take him to school with me, I can come home every couple of hours.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Question about the first vet visit

They say socialize, socialize your puppy. The first day we brought our pup home we went to our neighbors for just a little get together and they have a pool, well we couldnt resist, we put him in the pull. He wasnt crazy about it, lol. He likes the pool now. He will sleep good for ya, lol.....

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sidneygirl
    They say socialize, socialize your puppy.* The first day we brought our pup home we went to our neighbors for just a little get together and they have a pool, well we couldnt resist, we put him in the pull.* He wasnt crazy about it, lol.* *He likes the pool now.* He will sleep good for ya, lol.....
    lol...SOmehow I can pitcure the pool thing! his socialization has been with folks coming over here so far...and he has met alot of folks. Of all ages. But I want to start getting him out more and was waiting until at least this next round of shots....Once he has all his shots I am gonna put him in doggy day care one day a week and we are going to enroll in training classes....I figured if it was safe to carry him to school in the evenings it would allow for socialization plus he would be with me at my workplace so he'll feel more part of my life...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I thought about doggie daycare, but I just have decided yet. good luck with your little fella.......

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

I would stay away til' he's 12 weeks and has all his shots.

It's just not worth the risk - I don't want to see anything happen to that little guy!
    Brenda from Connecticut