It could have been worse

Thread: It could have been worse

DefaultIt could have been worse

Let me start this by saying that Wriggley does not like cats much (except to chase! (see sig)) and I have 3. I recently acquired a new kitten and this has been a bit of a challenge since she is less afraid of Wriggley having always "known" him. Wriggley has his separate space and lately newkitty Minnie has been quite curious and will go into his room when I am there also.

Today when I got home from work I let Wriggley in the house as usual and I went back outside to do a few chores in the back yard. Not much later I here something hit the patio window and then I heard Wriggley barking. I dropped everything and ran back into the house- had to go the long way because patio doors locked.

As soon as I got into the house- I was at the end of the hallway- I saw the knocked over baby gate and I called Wriggley. Thankfully he responded and I could grab ahold of him and put him in a safe place. He was quite excited to say the least, with hackles raised. Then I had to find the kitties. Well, they had found high ground or other suitable hiding. Thankfully Wriggley didn't get any of them, I honestly don't know what he would have done to them but I don't want to find out either.

The good points are that Wriggley recalled even with all of the excitement, and everyone is ok. Whew! I was envisioning another emergency run to the vet in the morning- the last time I turned my back on Minnie and Wriggley, Minnie ended up with a broken leg (she is completely fine now, obviously and has forgotten about that incident...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: It could have been worse

Wow, you are braver than I bringing another cat into the mix. I have 2 cats and the 2 labs. Moose basically ignores the cats and Sky just wants to lick them to death. My female quickly puts her in place if she even looks at her wrong and my male just trys to avoid. As Sky has started to mature I've noticed she is finally backing off. Hopefully Wriggley will do the same.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

The latest kitty, well, all of my cats actually, were found various places in the wild- I couldn't let Minnie go to the shelter- too many already. Poor Wriggley, he can't resist to chase when they or any cat/critter gets too close. I'm working on it. My dream is for an integrated household and where I can stop sleeping on the floor in the hall to be close to everyone because I fee guilty! (Am I crazy or what? That's ok, I can take it)

If any one else has an adult lab they brought into a "cat house", I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Golfgirlrobin is offline Senior Member

Maybe you should stop adding more fuel to the fire until you can get Wriggley past the cat chasing?

I understand not wanting to take a kitten to a shelter but better a shelter than getting torn to pieces by a large dog.

I'm composed of 85% kick-ass and 15% crippling self-doubt.