Just Labradors banner

Slap

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Knittwhit 
#1 ·
Anybody else get 'slapped' by their dogs? Lucky hasn't picked this habit up .....yet. But Happy has done it as long as I've had him. He litterally slaps you with his paws. My face has gotten pretty scratched up from it. He does it when he's ...well he's always Happy...but when you're petting him sitting down or you've quit petting him and he wants your attention...WHACK across the face if you're not careful.

I've repeatedly caught his paw and said "NO Paws down!!"

Doesn't seem to phase him.

G
#10 ·
I Guess you can say Tater B*tch slaps me all the time. SOrry for the language. But he does that to everyone. If you get down to his level watch out, you are fair game. But its funny how they really do use their paws as hands.

#11 ·
Emma is very well...I like to say "expressive" with her paws lol.
Same as Laura, soon as we taught shake, she began to use her paws to get attention, interfere with you reading, typing on the computer, watching tv...this is her #1 attention getter now. We say NO paw! But too late I think...she uses those bad boys like hands now.

#13 ·
Sam does this all the time. We always call it "pawing" he doesnt really slap, he like hits you on your leg, stomach, side, wherever he can reach but never the face until he gets his attention. Hes such a spoiled brat! He does this alot if Im on the phone and he wants to play, its rather annoying! Any idea how to stop it, the no bad paw method isnt working!
Chris

#14 ·
Funny thing to be mentioned....Tucker just slapped me today in the kitchen.

He doesn't do it all the time, but he'll slap me on the leg or the chest, if I'm leaning down. It usually happens (like today) when he's sitting and I'm squatted down talkin' to him.....having a conversation or tellin' him somethin'....he'll just suddenly slap me with his paw almost like he's sayin'.....awww, go on! (like he doesn't believe my story...but I'm NOT lyin', I'm tellin' him the truth) :-\

Those paws hurt! :-\

#17 ·
Yup, smacks with one paw, if that doesn't work you get the other. If you continue to pretend you are ignoring her, she will come up and push repeatedly with her muzzle and vocalize, it almost sounds like "OH". It is really cute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.