I miss doggy day care...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I miss doggy day care...

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultI miss doggy day care...

and I'm sure Ender does too.

Yesterday, with him and Toby playing and having so much fun I got to thinking about how much I missed the doggy day care days. He was allways so happy to be going and when he got home he was soooo tired. In Wisconsin we've been having really crappy weather and find ourselves cooped up, especially during the week. Don't get me wrong... we still give Ender exercise every day, rain or shine, but it's not the same! We used to find other dogs at the beach or in the park for him to run around with but now... rarely does that happen. The dog parks are a tad bit far away and I'm never quite certain of all the dogs in them.

This wait for the neutering is becoming harder and harder. I feel bad thinking about Ender missing out on playing with other doggie friends. (The only doggy friend that is really available on a regular basis just doesn't get Ender going... they just sort of "hang out" around eachother... I wish Toby lived closer so we could get the boys together on a regular basis)

I guess this means I need another dog right?
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I miss doggy day care...

Of course it means you need another dog ! I always think about you and Ender when Brigetta goes to day care because you were one of the first people who told me how great it was. I bet you both miss it! How much longer until Ender goes back?

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Well... we are waiting for Ender to be a year old before neutering him and pretty much as soon as he is recovered he will be going there once or twice a week (depending on our job situation and what we can afford). Nice birthday present huh? Anyways... January is our planned date for it.
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Dogs have to be neutered before they can attend daycare?
    Our daycare is different: no females in heat.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Quote Originally Posted by zoesmom
    Dogs have to be neutered before they can attend daycare?
    Our daycare is different: no females in heat.
    Yup... here the rule is if they are 6 months or older, they have to be neutered/spayed. I WISH it was your way though!
    ~Lindsay

Mocha Guest

Are you ready for another dog? Maggie will be 1 on Friday and my husband is enjoying Maggie so much that he thought getting another lab would be even better. I am truly amazed at how many people have more than one lab. The poll that I did said that 2 is better than 1 :-\ Let me know?

We aren't quite ready but the plan is to get a dog sometime next year... around when Ender will be 1.5 years old.
    ~Lindsay

I bit Ender misses it as much as you do...your posts always sounded as if he was having a fantastic time.

On the second dog....I love having three of them around. We just now started trusting Callie out of the crate when we're not home although we are keeping her in the kitchen with the other two during those alone times. The boys keep her occupied and visa versa...but it does mean a doubling of everything including costs....

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

That is too bad Ender can't attend daycare for a while. I was surprised about the neuter thing too. Where we take Lucy and Cricket the rule is no females in heat as well.
    Can you set up more playdates in the time being?

Now that Lucy has a permanent play friend I rarely take her, but I take Cricket to keep her socialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender's Mom
    and I'm sure Ender does too.

Yesterday, with him and Toby playing and having so much fun I got to thinking about how much I missed the doggy day care days.* He was allways so happy to be going and when he got home he was soooo tired.* In Wisconsin we've been having really crappy weather and find ourselves cooped up, especially during the week.* Don't get me wrong... we still give Ender exercise every day, rain or shine, but it's not the same!* We used to find other dogs at the beach or in the park for him to run around with but now... rarely does that happen.* The dog parks are a tad bit far away and I'm never quite certain of all the dogs in them.

This wait for the neutering is becoming harder and harder.* I feel bad thinking about Ender missing out on playing with other doggie friends.* (The only doggy friend that is really available on a regular basis just doesn't get Ender going... they just sort of "hang out" around eachother... I wish Toby lived closer so we could get the boys together on a regular basis)

I guess this means I need another dog right?*
    ABSOLUTELY!!
    Wasnt Eric in love with that chubby, female in Ender's litter? Well..there ya go! Time for a girl! lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast