Aaaack! Tick Experts ~ Help Please!

Thread: Aaaack! Tick Experts ~ Help Please!

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultAaaack! Tick Experts ~ Help Please!

Do ticks ever become fully embedded ~ as in you can't see any part of the tick on the outside of the skin?* I found something behind Sami's ear this morning ... it's like a small bump but sort of "scabbish" (yes, I know that's not a word).* I'm wondering if it's a tick that is fully embedded.* All the others that I have removed have had their heads in, but not the body.*

Anyone know if this could be a tick ... or is it something else?

TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Aaaack! Tick Experts ~ Help Please!

Bear has a very similar sounding problem - behind his ear as well. It popped up almost overnight. Has a scab as well, but I suspect thats from itching it. The vet said its most likely a histiocytoma - which will go away on its own - small possibility or could be a mast cell tumor (remote) - if it is not gone by this Saturday it go to be removed.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bearsdad
    Bear has a very similar sounding problem - behind his ear as well. It popped up almost overnight. Has a scab as well, but I suspect thats from itching it. The vet said its most likely a histiocytoma - which will go away on its own - small possibility or could be a mast cell tumor (remote) - if it is not gone by this Saturday it go to be removed.
    Hmmm ... well this is small ... and I did wonder if maybe it's a bug bite. I'm just concerned that if it's a tick (and I live in a hugely tick infested area) that I want it out of there. I just looked up histiocytomas -- they were VERY red. Is that what Bear's looks like? Sami's does not look like the one I saw pictured. Hers definitely has flaky, crusty skin on top. Ewwwww...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bears is about the size of a pea and after the vet removed the flaky stuff it was quite red.