Ok I am a new homeowner and I have noticed everyday I have about 30 or more mushrooms. So I get up and run out side and pick them all because I am not sure if Mambo will try to eat (he eats everything else) and if they will make him sick.
I can't understand why they are growing and god they grow quick. We have been getting alot of rain. But these thing are like the size of grapefruits.
Any suggestions on what I can do to get rid of them. or any links to a mushroom site to see which will poison Mambo if he eats.
I kinda gave up on my backyard all together becasue there are so many.
the damp weather is promoting their growth, best to assume they are bad and pull them up.
We had a ton of them too when we got a lot of rain. I don't think any of them are "safe" for dogs to eat. Unfortunately I don't know how to get rid of them without picking them.
"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"
How the heck do they grow so fast. I pick them everyday. I could understand if they popped up over night, but these things are big.
I will just keep picking them. Thanks
Just keep picking...
Even if they wont hurt him I wouldnt want him to eat them..
Mushrooms have just recently started sprouting in my backyard also. It's weird. One day there appears to be nothing there and the next morning there's a huge mushroom. My dogs are terrified of them for some reason...lol. They posture and bark at them and then flinch if you make a sound while they're doing it.....but they won't touch them. I pull them up when I see that they've spotted another scary beast in the back yard. :P
I am pretty sure they will make him sick if he eats them. I would not take the chance.
Here is an article with a link to some mushroom info and a story of a dog who ate one.
We have them in our front yard I keep a close watch and take a plastic bag and pick them trying to get it all. I also think it's important to get them before they open up that's when they drop the spores and produce more.
Thank you. I didnt know about the spores, mayube thats why they keep growing in the same spots. I will get to picking. I always tell my BF, before you let puppy out pick the mushrooms. We will keep at it.Originally Posted by bacatherine
ACK! We have a bad mushroom problem too. And our yard gets A TON of sun exposure. We get these disgusting looking mushrooms...they look like throw up on the mulch. These literally grow in a matter of an hour or two. If you have mushrooms growing in mulched area...best thing to do is rake it as often as possible. As for the yard...I just keep picking them also...dunno what else to do. Mushrooms are so gross!
<3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3
I usually get the mushrooms up with the pooper scooper when I am doing the yard, but thankfully mine don't eat things like that....