Truck Beds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck Beds

DefaultTruck Beds

We sold our Tahoe last week. I always put Raider in his travel crate in the back of it. Now I have a Silverado truck. I have to use the travel crate because Raider is so big we can't just let him in the front with us he just climbs around and it is very hazardous for the driver.So I have rigged up tie-downs to the travel crate so it won't slide or turn over. I think this should be fine except if I rolled the truck or something horrible like that.Does any one else put there dogs in crates like this?I can't come up with anything better .

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Truck Beds

Sounds ok if the crate is secure- but in the event of an accident, as you said... I may have to resort to the same thing with Wriggley because he is having problems being in the cab. I see plenty of farmers and hunters in my area that have their dogs in crates secured in the truck bed.

Kathryn Guest

I would replace yourrigged tiedowns and go and get some at walmart or something to make sure the crate is in there very well.
    We just got a Silverado truck also and I think god that it has an extended cab and Dakota can sit still. Maggie on the other hand needed to walk the seat a few times to figure out she could sit on it.
    I have a fear of putting their crates in the back of the truck. BUT! If it came to me needed to transport more than one of them I would have to use a crate or 2.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Wouldn't a seatbelt harness do the trick?

http://www.jbpet.com/Shopping/produc...name=HTOVehAcc
    ~Lindsay

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ender's Mom
    Wouldn't a seatbelt harness do the trick?

http://www.jbpet.com/Shopping/produc...name=HTOVehAcc
    If the truck isnt an extended cab then there really isnt a whole lot of room and probably would be safer in a crate in the back.

Hello! I am new to this board. I have a 1yr old lab. Can someone tell me if you lab can get sick from riding in the back. We are having to take an emergency trip out of town, driving about 5 hours to San Antonio, then stopping for the night and another 4 hours to Harlingen. My mom is riding with us along with my son in his car seat; Lady (my lab) is not used to long trips, but we don't want to leave her behind. I have a crate, but just do not know if she can get sick from being in the back. I know we would stop to take a break, just worried about her. I hope this is not a silly question, but can she get an ear ache from too much air?? Has anyone traveled with their lab in the back?

Thanks!

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mamas510
    Hello! I am new to this board. I have a 1yr old lab. Can someone tell me if you lab can get sick from riding in the back. We are having to take an emergency trip out of town, driving about 5 hours to San Antonio, then stopping for the night and another 4 hours to Harlingen.* My mom is riding with us along with my son in his car seat; Lady (my lab) is not used to long trips, but we don't want to leave her behind. I have a crate, but just do not know if she can get sick from being in the back. I know we would stop to take a break, just worried about her. I hope this is not a silly question, but can she get an ear ache from too much air?? Has anyone traveled with their lab in the back?

Thanks!
    Your best bet is to start a new post!

We too have a truck and I was wondering the same thing. We have three kids who will be in the backseat of the pickup,and then my husband and myself. At the moment,Rascal is still small enough to sit up front with us. However,this won't last for too much longer. I was thinking putting his crate in the bed of the truck and tying it down with bungies or something like that.

Well, we do have a crate, and thought of the same thing, tying down and making sure she doesn't slide. But I just wondered, if she could get some type of ear infection. Or if someone has traveled with their lab long distance could give some pointers or advice!

Thanks for responding!

Quote Originally Posted by LabMommyKathryn
    Quote Originally Posted by mamas510
    Hello! I am new to this board. I have a 1yr old lab. Can someone tell me if you lab can get sick from riding in the back. We are having to take an emergency trip out of town, driving about 5 hours to San Antonio, then stopping for the night and another 4 hours to Harlingen.* My mom is riding with us along with my son in his car seat; Lady (my lab) is not used to long trips, but we don't want to leave her behind. I have a crate, but just do not know if she can get sick from being in the back. I know we would stop to take a break, just worried about her. I hope this is not a silly question, but can she get an ear ache from too much air?? Has anyone traveled with their lab in the back?

Thanks!
    Your best bet is to start a new post!
    Okay! I will do! Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast