Truck Beds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Truck Beds

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    235

    DefaultTruck Beds

    We sold our Tahoe last week. I always put Raider in his travel crate in the back of it. Now I have a Silverado truck. I have to use the travel crate because Raider is so big we can't just let him in the front with us he just climbs around and it is very hazardous for the driver.So I have rigged up tie-downs to the travel crate so it won't slide or turn over. I think this should be fine except if I rolled the truck or something horrible like that.Does any one else put there dogs in crates like this?I can't come up with anything better .

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    67

    DefaultRe: Truck Beds

    Sounds ok if the crate is secure- but in the event of an accident, as you said... I may have to resort to the same thing with Wriggley because he is having problems being in the cab. I see plenty of farmers and hunters in my area that have their dogs in crates secured in the truck bed.

  4. #3
    Kathryn Guest

    DefaultRe: Truck Beds

    I would replace yourrigged tiedowns and go and get some at walmart or something to make sure the crate is in there very well.
    We just got a Silverado truck also and I think god that it has an extended cab and Dakota can sit still. Maggie on the other hand needed to walk the seat a few times to figure out she could sit on it.
    I have a fear of putting their crates in the back of the truck. BUT! If it came to me needed to transport more than one of them I would have to use a crate or 2.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Ender's Mom's Avatar
    Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    15,206

    DefaultRe: Truck Beds

    Wouldn't a seatbelt harness do the trick?

    http://www.jbpet.com/Shopping/produc...name=HTOVehAcc
    ~Lindsay

  7. #5
    Kathryn Guest

    DefaultRe: Truck Beds

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender's Mom
    Wouldn't a seatbelt harness do the trick?

    http://www.jbpet.com/Shopping/produc...name=HTOVehAcc
    If the truck isnt an extended cab then there really isnt a whole lot of room and probably would be safer in a crate in the back.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47

    DefaultRe: Truck Beds

    Hello! I am new to this board. I have a 1yr old lab. Can someone tell me if you lab can get sick from riding in the back. We are having to take an emergency trip out of town, driving about 5 hours to San Antonio, then stopping for the night and another 4 hours to Harlingen. My mom is riding with us along with my son in his car seat; Lady (my lab) is not used to long trips, but we don't want to leave her behind. I have a crate, but just do not know if she can get sick from being in the back. I know we would stop to take a break, just worried about her. I hope this is not a silly question, but can she get an ear ache from too much air?? Has anyone traveled with their lab in the back?

    Thanks!

  9. #7
    Kathryn Guest

    DefaultRe: Truck Beds

    Quote Originally Posted by mamas510
    Hello! I am new to this board. I have a 1yr old lab. Can someone tell me if you lab can get sick from riding in the back. We are having to take an emergency trip out of town, driving about 5 hours to San Antonio, then stopping for the night and another 4 hours to Harlingen.* My mom is riding with us along with my son in his car seat; Lady (my lab) is not used to long trips, but we don't want to leave her behind. I have a crate, but just do not know if she can get sick from being in the back. I know we would stop to take a break, just worried about her. I hope this is not a silly question, but can she get an ear ache from too much air?? Has anyone traveled with their lab in the back?

    Thanks!
    Your best bet is to start a new post!

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    584

    DefaultRe: Truck Beds

    We too have a truck and I was wondering the same thing. We have three kids who will be in the backseat of the pickup,and then my husband and myself. At the moment,Rascal is still small enough to sit up front with us. However,this won't last for too much longer. I was thinking putting his crate in the bed of the truck and tying it down with bungies or something like that.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47

    DefaultRe: Truck Beds

    Well, we do have a crate, and thought of the same thing, tying down and making sure she doesn't slide. But I just wondered, if she could get some type of ear infection. Or if someone has traveled with their lab long distance could give some pointers or advice!

    Thanks for responding!

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47

    DefaultRe: Truck Beds

    Quote Originally Posted by LabMommyKathryn
    Quote Originally Posted by mamas510
    Hello! I am new to this board. I have a 1yr old lab. Can someone tell me if you lab can get sick from riding in the back. We are having to take an emergency trip out of town, driving about 5 hours to San Antonio, then stopping for the night and another 4 hours to Harlingen.* My mom is riding with us along with my son in his car seat; Lady (my lab) is not used to long trips, but we don't want to leave her behind. I have a crate, but just do not know if she can get sick from being in the back. I know we would stop to take a break, just worried about her. I hope this is not a silly question, but can she get an ear ache from too much air?? Has anyone traveled with their lab in the back?

    Thanks!
    Your best bet is to start a new post!
    Okay! I will do! Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25