Remington update to update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington update to update

DefaultRemington update to update

Well...we just don't know at this point.* The vet told his family he was in mid to end stage renal failure and there was nothing that could be done for him.* I don't get it...he's running around acting fairly normal.* A little more relaxed in the house but once he's outside he's back to his normal self.* He started to eat some of his own food again (Kathy was feeding him bioled chicken breast that's all he wanted.)* He's drinking pretty normally also.* *I'm begging her to get a second opinion...the vet sent him home no meds, no treatment options just kind of "bring him back when you are ready to put him down".* I told Kathy he was her dog she'd know when/if he's ready.* This vet has not impressed me at all.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Kathy definately seeing another vet. She found one in the area who is has a PHD. Said she's not messing around. I'm so relieved.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Remington update

Sorry to hear this I'm glad he's enjoying himself at least. I agree with the second opinion as well.

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Good heavens! The vet sounds heartless!!! Definitely, get a second opinion!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Holy crap, yeah, second opinion time too, I think. Glad to hear he is recuperating, and I really, really, really hope that she takes him for a second opinion and that news is good.

Psssst, hey Kathy, take him to another vet!!
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

I was checking back all weekend for updates..he sounds like he's doing OK, but I do not know how a dog with renal problems acts. I think a 2nd opinion would be a smart idea, as soon as possible in case any damage is reversible.

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I hope Kathy will get a second opinion. Sending continuous prayers for Remi.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Remington update to update

When my 10 yr.old American Eskimo went in to renal failure she got very sick very quickly- we took her to the vet who started her on IV fluids, you want to try to flush out the kidney's and hopefully get them working again. We also put her on special food, although she had very little appetite. We also were able to bring her home and continue I.V fluids there- Unfortunately after trying all we could, we made the decision to put her to sleep, she was just so miserable, vomiting, lethargic, and when the toxin's in her body got so high, she seemed very confused. I would defiantly get a second opinion for Remington. Not sure this was helpful, but thought it would give you some signs's to look for as far as deterioration. Run free my sweet Aspen---I miss you everyday!

Glad she's seeing another vet for a second opinion. Keep us posted!

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

When my Silky went into kidney failure he stopped eating and became lethargic. He had a number of other things wrong, and our goal was simply to make him as comfortable as possible as long as possible. We did use IV fluids to help flush his kidneys and it does help. Sort of a low tech dialysis

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the update, I was wondering about him. I'm glad she's taking him for another opinion.
    Continued prayers that he'll recover completely.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast