An interesting day!

Thread: An interesting day!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultAn interesting day!

Well after starting off being very resistant to the leash and collar Tal seems to have taken to it sort of. At least he is not fighting it as hard…but there’s still some resistance. I walk him around the yard and he is good about walking beside or behind me..unless he really has to potty badly. I usually let him guide where we go in that case but I still try and make sure I am in front or beside him.

While we were out, a lady and her little (I guess about 4 y/o) granddaughter were walking by and grandma said oh he looks like a Lab. I said yup..he will be 8 weeks Monday and I have had him a week. She told me about their Lab they had a few years ago who died at 14 years I think she said. She was allowing the little girl to pet Tal. While I held him she did and it was so sweet. I showed her how to pet him on his neck and he just licked her hand. So Tal has had his first encounter with a child! It was nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

modgirlreporter Guest

DefaultRe: An interesting day!

He'll get used to the collar and leash. Gigi was horrid at first after being a stray and still needs a lot of work, but she does "walk pretty" (trot nicely alongside or in front of me without tugging my arm out of the socket and choking herself, too) much more consistently than she did. Since you're starting off with Tal as a baby, he'll have the walking thing down pat in no time!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by modgirlreporter
    He'll get used to the collar and leash. Gigi was horrid at first after being a stray and still needs a lot of work, but she does "walk pretty" (trot nicely alongside or in front of me without tugging my arm out of the socket and choking herself, too) much more consistently than she did. Since you're starting off with Tal as a baby, he'll have the walking thing down pat in no time!
    Thanks...yeah training a puppy is easier than an older dog...and kudos to you for rescuing Gigi...she sure is pretty...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I know you are enjoying your weekend time w/ Tal. Seems like your both settling in to a routine. Tal is so cute. I loved your cat & Tal story, too!