Do you have a "by nature" HOT dog?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a "by nature" HOT dog?

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo you have a "by nature" HOT dog?

My Seamus (black 4 y/o male) is such a hot boy.* Since he was a puppy it hasn't take much to get him panting up a storm.* At 10 weeks old, when he was sleeping between DH and me, he panted so hard we rushed him to the ER clinic at 2:00 AM.* Diagnosis?* He's hot!

He's a lean, field kind of lab, built very much like Paddy but with more tail..* A kind and gentle boy, a fun boy, a play-play-play boy, but he just overheats so quickly.

Seamus is the only one of my 3 labs I worry about overheating.* Paddy is old and doesn't get into that situation (Pad never got "hot" anyway), Flynn could go all day in 100* weather and not "break a sweat", but Sheamie?* He just gets hot.* Fast.

His bloodwork and all of that is normal.

Poor Sheamie.* Everybody else goes on to zzzzzzzzzing or gnawing bones and he's still trying to chill.

Seamus and Flynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Do you have a "by nature" HOT dog?

Cinnamon is sticking paw up.

I call her my little space heater she puts off so much heat and she is also more field then bench.

She ran with Cierra this afternoon for the first time in a week due to Cierra's spay surgery and she must have panted for 20 minutes. Now she runs and swims daily and is not over weight at all. The vet told me it was just her nature.

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Maxine is the same way. It's the reason that we keep the pool open from the end of March to the beginning of November. She HAS to swim for a while after our walks or any type of exercise, just to cool her body down.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kodi gets hot easily. Running is her main passion in life though, and when I take her for exercise, I ride in a golf cart and go about 3 miles, she runs at least 4-5 miles (squirrel sprints, turkey bowling and deer dodges). We usually stop every mile or so and I offer water to her, but she justs wants a couple bowlfuls poured over her and then wants to keep running.

Piper gets too hot sleeping on the bed with us. She comes up for abit then goes to her bed on the floor or the AC vent! : And I wonder why I get hot in the middle of the night!!! ???

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Zoe is a "hottie"

As a pup, she would shy away from the sun and seek shade. She would pant at night.
    Our air con system was installed for her. :-\
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Tal is still a puppy but from what I have seen so far even tho he is black he doesn't seem to overheat. When we were outside today (temp about 90) and he was goin to town resisting and when I picked him up to bring back inside, he was panting a bit but just from exerting himself. He didn't feel hot at all and he doesn't seem to mind the sun. When we came back inside he got some water as usual, and went on like he always does.

I think it's like us humans...some of us are hot natured and others are cold natured. Since his bloodwork is normal and all I bet he is just one of those individuals who gets hot easily...

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Brigetta is also like that. When I first got her (14 weeks) she would be on the bed at night panting like crazy...I was sure something was wrong with her. She also has a lean build and gets hot quickly and it seems to take a while for her to cool down. I had to be really careful with her this summer because it was so hot. It's still in the low 90's most days...but not as humid and not for as long. I can't wait for Fall!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Blondedog Guest

Bruce is also a "hottie". When it is hot our main exercise is swimming and he will always seek shade in the backyard for his afternoon nap.

labby is offline Senior Member

All mine are hot dogs. Even the puppies.

Laura

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast