Nutro Ultra Holistic Food

Thread: Nutro Ultra Holistic Food

DefaultNutro Ultra Holistic Food

Does anyone feed their dog this? I give Mercedes Nutro Natural choice large breed and up to now( She was 2 yrs old on Sept 8th) she has been doing pretty good with the exception of the bile pukes. Now every once ina while like once every 3 weeks she just pukes up a ton of her food...then she is fine and very hungry. I am thinking of switching her to a sensitive stomach dog food and the manager from Petsmart said Ultra was for dogs with stomach problems like diarreha and vomiting...I looked at the web site and it did not mention that this is what the Ulta is for. She has had a through check- up a couple of months age when she was spayed and was in perfect health. Is this good food? I might try it mixed with food she eats now and see what happens. Also when she throws up but still is very hungry and wants to eat..should I feed her or withhold food for 24 hrs and give rice and chicken or beef? Could the food she is on now be too rich or fat and that is the reason for biles pukes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Nutro Ultra Holistic Food

I remember someone else here saying they had bile pukes while feeding Nutro.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Because of Mitzi's allergies, I have tried various foods, and bile pukes were always the result of a food. Changing the food stopped the bile pukes. They are now on Eagle Pack Duck and Oatmeal. (Eagle Pack Lamb and Oatmeal is good too.) They were on Diamond Lamb and Rice until they changed their ingredients, and both Mitz and Judy got loose stools from it. The Solid Gold is also very good.
    PetSmart doesn't carry these brands. Pet Supply Plus does. (There's a Pet Supply Plus by Eastwood Mall. Pet Mart -different from PetSmart- in Austintown also carries a wider variety of food brands and treats.)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

I use the Ultra holistic for training treats, so not a full meal, but everyone seems to like and haven't had a bad reaction. We're a sensitive tummy household. I use the Nutro Oatmeal and Chicken for their regular food.

dare1969 Guest

I was looking at giving Sydney Nutro Holistic, but I decided to go with Blue Buffalo Lamb and Brown Rice.