Where did my puppy go?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did my puppy go?

DefaultWhere did my puppy go?

Hi all!

Lexie is now 54 pounds and she's really filling out; sometimes I look at her and she looks so grown up.

We finished puppy classes in late August and we're going back to school on Oct. 7; I decided to wait to re-enroll her in classes so I could get a Saturday class. Meanwhile we've been working on her training at home. She's learned that bones and treats must be devoured on "her towel". This morning she actually brought me her toy when I said "go get your toy" (thanks Connie for that one, it's great for redirection). Jumping is getting much better too; last night I greeted her in my work clothes and I didn't have any puppy prints on my pants when I came inside to change. I'm reading Pat Miller's "The Power of Positive Dog Training" and working on clicker training Lex at home. I really like this book, she breaks the training tasks into weekly lessons and it's very easy to follow.

The last two nights Lexie has slept on her bed on our bedroom floor. I've left the crate door open, but she just snoozes on the bed. It takes a couple of tries to get her settled but, she's doing really well. This morning she woke us up with kisses around 7:30 a.m. and hadn't destroyed a thing. I think I should be knocking on wood now.

This week I went back to work. I arranged for one of the girls who works at PetSmart, Ashley, to come over and walk and play with Lexie mid day on my long days. She brings her Staffordshire Terrier, Dallas, who is 1.5 to play with Lexie. Dallas is a little smaller than Lexie and a really sweetie; he's kind of a big baby. I guess Lexie got a little rough with Dallas and made him yelp; Ashley said that Lexie immediately jumped off Dallas and sat looking at him until he initiated play again. Yay Lex! When Rob got home in the late afternoon Lexie was still sound asleep, so I think this is going to be a great arrangement for us when I have to work long days.

Rob took Lexie to work with him yesterday. He works in the Napa as a construction equipment salesman so he gets to visit all of the wineries and beautiful places in the Napa Valley. Yesterday he met with Robert Mondavi (the III I think) and Lexie got to romp around a winery that they just acquired; she even got to go into the cellars. Mr. Mondavi was so impressed with Lexie that he asked Rob about her dam; it turns out he has a field champion that he wants to breed. That was a nice complement. I'm hoping that Lex can go to work with Rob one day per work or maybe try some of the doggy daycares up there; there should be some nice daycares in that area.

I was so nervous about going back to work, but things are working out well. I'm also hoping that once Lexie gets her CGC my employer will let me bring her to to bring her to work with me so she can get used to classroom settings. I would like to get her into therapy work; I teach for our local County Office of Education and I would like to be able to bring her to some of our special education classes to visit the kids.

She's such a joy. Thanks to everyone here for all of your great advice and help!

The whole world stops when there is a plane overhead.

Robin

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Where did my puppy go?

lookit how grown up she is!!!! I can't believe it

I bet she would love to come to work with you and visit with the kids, she sounds like a real sweetheart. I love the picture of her looking at the airplane. Molly goes nuts over airplanes and helicopters.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

georgie is offline Senior Member

Lexie is beautiful. Thye grow up fast don't they? She sure is a good girl.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Lexie is beautiful! I always love seeing pictures of her. It sounds like things are going wonderfully with her...wish I could spend the day in the winery

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Awww, she still has that puppy look. It does seem to disappear in the blink of an eye, though......

ThatsMyGirl Guest

She's just gorgeous!

Good girl Lexie!!!!!!!!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Robin your story brought tears in my eyes!! I can't stop look at these pictures! She is such a sweetheart and she certainly is a real beauty!!! She looks so grown up, but she will be your puppy forever!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Lexi has always had the most beautiful lab eyes I've ever seen. So full of wisdom and love..just like an old soul. She's so beautiful!

Lexi is gorgeous inside and out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast