Noticed something odd

Thread: Noticed something odd

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultNoticed something odd

There is a street behind me I rarely go on and when riding my bike home the other day I came thru there. I was curious because a few times I had Tal out Iheard a dog barking behind the tall wooden fence. Well, these folks have 2 dogs, one is a Lab and the other is, well not sure but looks like some kind of collie or small Sheltie. Well the Lab started barking and maybe I am imaginging it but it sure sounded like a mean kind of bark. There are other folks around here who have Labs and Goldens, and they may bark once or twice but it sounds more like "Hey..come pet ME"! Kinda stunned me. The dogs in this yard had a pretty good amount of space and it was clean. I couldn't help but wonder tho if they never spend time with their dogs...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Noticed something odd

I don't know if I'd jump to any conclusions based on the ferocity of the bark. Angus sounds like an attack dog if someone walks by on the street. :P As you know, he is spoiled beyond all reason. He just doesn't care for strangers walking by on the street, and especially not near his house! Oh, you should have seen the fit he threw when we had some tree guys in the yard the other day! He would give a Doberman a run for his money!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Jazzy's bark sounds like she will rip you apart! Jake just has a bark, bark, bark! I've seen some of our customers walk up to Jazzy as she is barking and the next thing you know she is wagn that tail and licking them to death!

Brookville, Pa.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Angus sounds like an attack dog if someone walks by on the street.
    Yes I have a similar experience to Connie. My dogs sound like they're going to rip someone's arm off when they see someone walking on the street or on the driveway. As you get closer to the fence, they look like they're going to climb over to come and get you (I have had people literally jump. If you make it to the fence, you'll get licked to death.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Thanks...I had not thought of that..of course I am still dealing with the puppy barky bark..haha. It makes sense if they might thinl you could be unfriendly. Given the place is clean and the dogs looked well taken care of it woas prolly just my imagination!