OK another take him or leave him question...

Thread: OK another take him or leave him question...

DefaultOK another take him or leave him question...

I know I know I just can't take no for an answer. :

We are going to a Christining party tonight at Gannons mom's house..... Is it safe to take him back there? He will be able to play with 2 of his littermates (I am thinking bite inhabition here....!) It has been 2 weeks since he left home but he still has not had more than the 1st set of shots (next week 2nd dose)

I was just thinking since that is where he came from shouldn't it be a safe enviornment for him?

Another problemo is that they live 1 1/2 hours away so I would have to have a neighbor feed him dinner and play with him for a whileas we will be gone like 6 hours, also I would be afraid he wont sleep for us tonight if he is in his crate all evening sleeping.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: OK another take him or leave him question...

On the sleeping, I doubt you'll have trouble with him sleeping at night. I know Tal, and others on here as well experience their dogs sleeping or snoozing during the day and still seem to sleep well at night.

I would ask Gannon's mom if itwould be ok. SInce he came from there, like you I wouldn't worry about any safety issues. If Gannon's mom says yes, then I would take him. More experienced folks can probably offer some better advice tho.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I think in this situation, since he did come from there and two of his littermates will be there, there is a better shot that he would be welcome. Like mfd above, I think it would be polite to ask first.

But, here's the issue: If I had taken Angus to a party at that age, I wouldn't have gotten much "partying" done, for worrying about where he was and what he was getting into. In fact, I still don't think I'd take Angus anywhere where I couldn't be watching him the entire time!

If you could take a small crate and put him in that so you could go inside and be social, I think that would be a good solution.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh he is more than welcome to go, they will love to see him. I plan on (if it is health wise safe to take him) taking his crate so that he can eat away from everyone and nap without me worrying as well.
    And trust me with our family a few 20 minute breaks for me to take care of the dog and let him play would be a wonderful The rest of the time I would keep him crated......