Dogs and door bells?!

Thread: Dogs and door bells?!

Kathryn Guest

DefaultDogs and door bells?!

It came to me tonight that Dakota has never heard the door bell.. We most all the time know someones coming or see them before they get to the door. Well tonight my brother rang the door bell. Dakota went CRAZY. She was a little shocked, a little excited. She went down the hall trying to find the sound.
    It was pretty funny!

How are your dogs when it comes to the door bell?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dogs and door bells?!

Mine are usually at the door long before anyone gets a chance to ring the bell, but I'm slow so the bell ends up getting rung anyway. They always jump up and run to the door when they hear a doorbell on TV too. They don't bark though, just run to the door ready to greet.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Buck seems to have finally found his voice. For the last few weeks when the door bell rings he gives out one WOOF! and then runs to the door and sits there wagging his tail waiting to greet (pummel) the person on the other side :-X Oh! He also reacts the same way when he hears a door bell on tv. :P
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

how about the telephone? although we have two cordless phones in the house, neither one of us ever seem to know where they are when the phones ring- thus everytime the phones ring, everyone gets up runs to the hallway and listens, and then runs to wherever we think it is. So now everytime the phone rings Apollo gets up and runs to the hallway...I'd love to have a video cam on in the house and call when we're gone just to see what he does...bad momma ;D

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by apollosmom
    how about the telephone? although we have two cordless phones in the house, neither one of us ever seem to know where they are when the phones ring- thus everytime the phones ring, everyone gets up runs to the hallway and listens, and then runs to wherever we think it is. So now everytime the phone rings Apollo gets up and runs to the hallway...I'd love to have a video cam on in the house and call when we're gone just to see what he does...bad momma ;D
    When Annie was a puppy for about 8 months every time the phone rang she would go crazy!

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

we dont' have a doorbell so I couldn't tell ya, but my friends Boxer goes nuts over door bells!!! She looks high and low for the sound lol
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

We don't have a doorbell..........but if someone knocks on our door they go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

Lexie doesn't seem to pay too much attention to it. Last night the doorbell rang and she didn't even move, but she was enjoying a soup bone at the time.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Funny Dakota! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by putertutor
    Lexie doesn't seem to pay too much attention to it. Last night the doorbell rang and she didn't even move, but she was enjoying a soup bone at the time.
    Emma is just like Lexi! (Even when she was a pup, she didn't care...)
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

I don't have a doorbell but the funny thing is when one goes off on tv she barks like mad. lol