Do's and Don'ts of taking a stool sample into your vet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do's and Don'ts of taking a stool sample into your vet

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo's and Don'ts of taking a stool sample into your vet

Today I was going to bring Simon's stool sample to the vet for his annual exam, since he was good enough to make a poo for us this morning. I learned a few things I thought I would pass along:

DO use the collection kit provided.

DO NOT attempt to transport the stool sample in the pick-up bag.

DO pick up the bagged stool sample with the smallest area of two fingers that allow you to maintain a grip.

DO use 19-20 antibacterial wipes after you fling the bagged sample into your back seat.

DO NOT think that, because you have double-bagged it and enclosed it in a Ziploc that this will contain the fragrance of poo.

DO NOT leave it, double-bagged, in your car while you go into work for half an hour. When you come back out, the smell will be enough to gag a maggot.

DO roll down all the windows to dissipate the smell while you are on the way to an important client breakfast. Hanging your head out the window helps, too.

Now that I think about it, DO NOT attempt to take a stool sample into your vet on a day when you have a client breakfast scheduled. But if you are foolish enough to try this...

DO throw the stool sample into the nearest waste receptacle before you go into said client breakfast, unless you want to lose your scrambled eggs.

The stool sample is just going to have to wait until another day. :P

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CJs Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do's and Don'ts of taking a stool sample into your vet

good to know!!

LOL you poor thing!!
    Laura & CJ in New Hampshire

LOL! That was too funny! When we take Riley to an open area near us to play, there aren't any trash cans...so on the way home, I hold the bag out of the window! Boy do I get some strange looks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

LMAO! At least you didn't put it in your purse. :-X

LOL! Hubby and I were walking Apollo to local grocery store other day-he poo'd I brought baggies, picked up said poo-had nowhere to dispose of said poo-untill grocery store. Of course had to cross really busy area of town. Hubby and I joked all the way home "Last time I saw you-you were carrying a bag of poo" "Didn't I see you walking down nameofstreethere with a big bag of poo?" "Hey I saw your wife Sunday on the street corner with a bag of poo"

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

DO NOT leave it, double-bagged, in your car while you go into work for half an hour. When you come out, the smell will be enough to gag a maggot.
    Busting a gut here. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Blondedog Guest

HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!!!!! That was to funny. I only have one poop story. I work for the city and one lovely evening Bruce and I were walking along the greenbelt by the creek. Bruce did is duty and I picked it up and went to throw it in the nearest trash. There was no trash can inside the trash can holder. I very carefully placed the offending bag in the trash can holder. The next day I went into work and told everyone the story and that I wasn't carry a bag of poop all the way home. The summer student were sent out to Public Works to get a new trash can and to remove the stinky bag of poop. I love having summer students.

Thanks Connie!!

I will remember this list!!!! ;D ;D

Too funny ;D. Those odors do have a way of sneaking out. One time my son and I walked with our dog one night to Blockbuster. He pooped on the way there (the dog, not my son )and I picked it up and sealed the bag. Several blocks later he pooped again. Having only one bag I reopened the bag and picked up the second pile. When we got to the store I handed Tyler the bag so I could tie up the dog. On the way home I told Tyler thanks for finding the garbage can at Blockbuster. He stopped dead in his tracks. I immediately knew we had given someone a very generous gift. :-\ He went in, saw a movie he was interested in, put the bag on the shelf to read the movie box, and forgot it there. GAG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast